Romney Mops the floors with McCain

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_the road to hana
_Emeritus

Post by _the road to hana »

why me wrote:Romney takes Maine with little publicity of victory.

http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/ ... CTION=HOME

I wonder why such wins get such little notice?

It's Superbowl Sunday morning, why me, and most people are just now wiping the sleep out of their eyes. Romney was (by his own choice) pretty out of the news yesterday while he attended the GBH funeral in Utah. Maine is a non-binding caucus and the results weren't declared until late last night, when most people were focused on other things. Like sleep, for example.

Here's a question. You think Mitt is going to be watching the Superbowl? With his boys, maybe? Or Tivoing it?

Mitt should have bought 30 seconds of Superbowl time.
The road is beautiful, treacherous, and full of twists and turns.
_Tori
_Emeritus

Post by _Tori »

the road to hana wrote:
why me wrote:Romney takes Maine with little publicity of victory.

http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/ ... CTION=HOME

I wonder why such wins get such little notice?

It's Superbowl Sunday morning, why me, and most people are just now wiping the sleep out of their eyes. Romney was (by his own choice) pretty out of the news yesterday while he attended the GBH funeral in Utah. Maine is a non-binding caucus and the results weren't declared until late last night, when most people were focused on other things. Like sleep, for example.

Here's a question. You think Mitt is going to be watching the Superbowl? With his boys, maybe? Or Tivoing it?

Mitt should have bought 30 seconds of Superbowl time.

I bet he's watching the game, just a hunch.

This is one time that I can agree with Walmart. Through this whole process, any one of the other candidates get the press siting them as "The front runner", "The candidate with the momentum". Even when Romney was in the lead with the delegates, he was never "The front runner", never had "the momentum". Interesting to me.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who cold not hear the music. ----Nietzche
_thalweg
_Emeritus

I can't believe it

Post by _thalweg »

Coggins7 wrote:
In point of fact of course, racial bigotry is no more an inherant aspect of conservatism thatn it is with the Left, and no more an inherant part of one than the other. The idea that it is is a traditional part of the Left's well crafted fantasy realm in which it believes its cultural opponents have their being. Indeed, the modern Left is the movement of institutionalized racial preference, not the Right, which supports colorblindness and equality of opportunity (hint: the Left's traditional position is that of equality of condition, a vastly different concept).

Wow Coggins, I am a long time lurker (just joined) and that is the first statement I have ever seen written by you that I totally agree with. The racial policies of the left are divisive. Anytime you group people by race, soci-economics, or by any other factor you automatically create an us vesrus them mentality, which totally goes against the founding philosophy of this country. This country was founded on the freedom and rights for the individual not groups of people.

Yes I realize that women and blacks at the time of the founding did not have their rights extended to them, but the point is that all should have equal protection under the law not special treatment because you happen to belong to one "group" or another. The left in my view creates this division for its own purpose.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Hello,

Here is the order of Preferences, that I will plan to vote for:

Mitt Romney
Mike Huckabee
Ron Paul
John McCain
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

In order of prefernce, here's who I plan to vote for:

Superman
Mickey Mouse
Bugs Bunny
Homer Simpson
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

asbestosman wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Self interest for any nation in protecting borders, languages and culture is important.

What's so bad about having multiple languages? What's wrong with Belgium? Switzerland?

English is the language of our nation and of the business of the nation. It is the language of education in the US as well. It needs to stay that way. The common language make much of the wheels of US commerce and sociality work smoothly. To succeed in the US you need to speak english.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Jason Bourne wrote:English is the language of our nation and of the business of the nation. It is the language of education in the US as well. It needs to stay that way. The common language make much of the wheels of US commerce and sociality work smoothly. To succeed in the US you need to speak english.

To succeed in Europe (if not the world) you need to speak English. In Dutch universities, they will teach any course in English if anyone in the room requests it.

Personally, I think Americans should learn a foreign language. I propose Mandarin because it's difficult, the Chinese economy is rising, and because I think it'd be neat if we actually had to expend effort for language just as most of the rest of the world does for English.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

asbestosman wrote:In order of prefernce, here's who I plan to vote for:

Superman
Mickey Mouse
Bugs Bunny
Homer Simpson

I'd rather have Daria or SpongeBob than any of our candidates. :)
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Jason Bourne wrote:

Um, Gaz, ever heard of the phrase, "Give us your tired, your poor, your wretched masses?" We are a country of immigrants!

Sure. Legal immigrants. Also, times change. Self interest for any nation in protecting borders, languages and culture is important. I am for legal and controlled immigration. And I am for a guest worker program. Unfettered illigal immigration is and will destroy this nation. It is already burdening the health care system of southern California and even has caused some medical facilities to close.

Thank you Jason, well said.

Lets put it this way. Find a mexican illegal immigrant ( Just throw a stick out your front door and speak to the one it hits) and ask them what they woudl do if the Chinese were to launch an attack at America. Would they stand a post and carry a rifle?

HELL NO, theyd be off to their country of origin as fast as their feet could carry them. They care nothing more for America than a Lamprey does for the shark its attached to.

This isnt a question of race, its a question of patriotism and the integral strength of our nation.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

asbestosman wrote:Personally, I think Americans should learn a foreign language. I propose Mandarin because it's difficult, the Chinese economy is rising, and because I think it'd be neat if we actually had to expend effort for language just as most of the rest of the world does for English.

Have you learned a second language, asbestosman?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley