Romney Mops the floors with McCain

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

guy sajer wrote:
I don't see how "Veteran" translates into war monger. My guess is that most people who have seen combat feel the exact opposite.

Couldn't agree more!

I don't care about debating skills! I don't care who mumbles. I don't care at all about appearance! Why this country is so fascinated by politicians hair and smoothness is repulsive to me! Then of course we get candidates that are all image and pandering because the electorate calls for it. America is so damn shallow at times.
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

dartagnan wrote:I thnk it is so funny how Mormons play out the persecution complex by constantly complaining and suggesting that Evangelicals refuse to vote for Romney simply because he is Mormon.

But obviously some Evangelicals do vote for Romney.

However, I have yet to come across a single Mormon who would vote for Huckabee. The list above is indicative of the typical Mormon mindset. An Evangelical is the LAST person on every Mormon's list. Why? Well, because he is Evangelical obviously. Oh the hypocrisy.

This makes me wonder if Evangelicals have a legitimate cause to cry persecution from Mormons.

The last poll I saw for Utah had Romney supported at 60% and Huckabee at 2%. Uhoh! Looks like there might be some LDS religious bigots....
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Moniker wrote:The last poll I saw for Utah had Romney supported at 60% and Huckabee at 2%. Uhoh! Looks like there might be some LDS religious bigots....

The really amazing thing is that the Mormons don't see themselves as being bigoted. It's terrible for a EV to not vote for a candidate based on his religion (Mormon), but it's okay for a Mormon to not vote for a candidate based on his religion (EV).
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

dartagnan wrote:McCain just strikes me as a wussy, every single time I see him in a debate. This is the main reason I wouldn't vote for him.

His head is frequently down, usually murmuring like he doesn't know what he should say. Is this how we can expect him to keep his composure when dealing with world leaders? God help us all.

You have to stand up and be tough as a leader. McCain is always pretending to be honorable, but what he did recently was hardly that. He knows he was wrong, and Romney is right to take the high horse and make him look stupid for doing it. Romney said something like, "Who knows more about my positions, me or you?" and I think that immediately resonated with people.

McCain is very thin skinned; he's easy to corner, and once cornered, he just digs in his heels and slogs through. His prevarications on his amnesty bill for presently existing illegal immigrants is a primary example of this dynamic at work.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

The whole amnesty thing just gets me really pissed off.

Amnesty? What these peopel need are the Bulldozers and Dumptrucks as seen in Soilent Green. Just keep the trucks moving till they can unload in mexico.

Im still stunned that this cultural upheaval was allowed in the first place. The Republicans wanted the cheap labor, and the Liberals will embrace any minority that will place them in power. Its disgusting.

And while the wealthy and corrupt politicians line their pockets, I get to be bombarded by dual languges and third world attitudes and culture that was not here 6 years ago. Why do I have 20 stations on my cable that are in spanish? Why do I have spanish on my radio stations? Why do I have to choose a language at my ATM?

I have more empathy for rape victims now.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Gazelam wrote:The whole amnesty thing just gets me really pissed off.

Amnesty? What these peopel need are the Bulldozers and Dumptrucks as seen in Soilent Green. Just keep the trucks moving till they can unload in mexico.

I'm still stunned that this cultural upheaval was allowed in the first place. The Republicans wanted the cheap labor, and the Liberals will embrace any minority that will place them in power. Its disgusting.

And while the wealthy and corrupt politicians line their pockets, I get to be bombarded by dual languges and third world attitudes and culture that was not here 6 years ago. Why do I have 20 stations on my cable that are in spanish? Why do I have spanish on my radio stations? Why do I have to choose a language at my ATM?

This sort of commentary is exactly why the right scares the hell out of me. I'll take a dumb leftie over a bigoted rightie pretty much any day of the week.
_Trinity
_Emeritus

Post by _Trinity »

I'm still stunned that this cultural upheaval was allowed in the first place. The Republicans wanted the cheap labor, and the Liberals will embrace any minority that will place them in power. Its disgusting.

While you are asking questions, why do they have braille characters on the drive-through ATM buttons? If you're so blind you need braille, you probably shouldn't be driving. (Trinity, pondering on the many things in life that make her go hmmmmmmm)

Edited to add: I haven't made up my mind about this election other than I won't be voting for McCain because he looks like a chipmunk (speaking of superficial reasons to not vote for a candidate).
"I think one of the great mysteries of the gospel is that anyone still believes it." Sethbag, MADB, Feb 22 2008
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I thought McCain looks like the Cryptkeeper.

Ill take Guy Smiley over Cryptkeeper any day.

P.S. Im with oyu on the braille at drive through ATM's what the hell is that about?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:I don't get it. How can anyone support McCain over Romney after this and the last debate. Yet all the heavy reublicans are rolling out their endorsement for McCain. I think McCain will get it but man I am nervous. If he is the guy I may vote for Hillary or Obama!

McCain will win the nom and romney will go back to the shadow where he belongs, just like his dad.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Um, Gaz, ever heard of the phrase, "Give us your tired, your poor, your wretched masses?" We are a country of immigrants!

WTF?