Why can't you say "superbowl"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Why can't you say "superbowl"

Post by _Scottie »

What do the copywriters hope to accomplish by banning the term Superbowl?

I would think you would want everyone saying it. Free advertising, right?

What am I missing here?
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

We have a superbowl back home. It is only £1.80 for students. Yay. We always have random names when going. I forgot what I was going to say. Erm...

Oh well. Never mind.

SUPERBOWLsuperbowlSuPeRbOwlSUPerSUPERSUPERbowlsuperBowlsuperBOwlS
UPERB
OWLsUPeRboWlSUPERBOWLsuperbowlSuPeRbOwlSUPERSUPER
Just punched myself on the face...
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:We have a superbowl back home. It is only £1.80 for students. Yay. We always have random names when going. I forgot what I was going to say. Erm...

Oh well. Never mind.

SUPERBOWLsuperbowlSuPeRbOwlSUPerSUPERSUPERbowlsuperBowlsuperBOwlS
UPERB
OWLsUPeRboWlSUPERBOWLsuperbowlSuPeRbOwlSUPERSUPER

The...erm...(what's the British version of the FBI???)...will be picking you up shortly.
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Erm, they were supposed to be doing that ages ago. Oh wait I think I might be wrong... It is those people in the white jackets that think I should wear a jacket of somekind and live in a nice soft walled bedroom that were supposed to pick me up. The CID I think is what you are refering to. I do not believe "superbowl" is copyrighted in terms of saying the word. What if you went bowling and some one got a strike and you were like, WOW, that was a super bowl mate. What is going to happen. They can do nothing. It is a rediculous idea. I am going to make a super bowl of ice cream, but maybe not tonight because it is late and I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I wish to sleep tonight without a tummy ache.
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

You would think so, huh?

But nobody says "Superbowl" over here. All the commercials refer to "The Big Game".

_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:I am going to make a super bowl of ice cream, but maybe not tonight because it is late and I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I wish to sleep tonight without a tummy ache.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the guys who own the word superbowl are lacross intolerant.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

We do over here. Sounds like a load a crap to me. Adverts are owned by the company.