Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Vēritās »

A whopping 311,000 jobs for February, far more than expected. The Biden Jobs Train keeps rolling along.

Now let's see how Trump's Fed chair will try screwing it up with more rate hikes.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Don't know if posting Friday about jobs was focused on the most important economic news...
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

US labor market heats back up, adding 253,000 jobs in April

Damn, we're six months into this so called "recession" and Biden is still creating more monthly jobs than Trump did before COVID. Unemployment rate down to 3.4%, instead of ticking up to 3.6% which was expected.
FvY0rRdWwAI8hZA.jpeg
FvY0rRdWwAI8hZA.jpeg (234.34 KiB) Viewed 390 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I suppose you believe the regional bank failures are no big deal as well. The quicker Biden inflates the dollar the sooner he gets to the great reset the Marxist left has been dreaming of.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:01 am
I suppose you believe the regional bank failures are no big deal as well. The quicker Biden inflates the dollar the sooner he gets to the great reset the Marxist left has been dreaming of.
"Squirrel! Squirrel!" (as ajax moves the goal posts for the umpteenth time)

Yes, you go ahead and ignore all your ranting and raving about economic metrics that you insisted would be much much worse by now, but are actually improving.

10 points if you can explain in any coherent manner, how a couple of banks you never banked with went under. 20 points if you can explain how it affects you in any meaningful way.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:07 am
ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:01 am
"Squirrel! Squirrel!" (as ajax moves the goal posts for the umpteenth time)

Yes, you go ahead and ignore all your ranting and raving about economic metrics that you insisted would be much much worse by now, but are actually improving.

10 points if you can explain in any coherent manner, how a couple of banks you never banked with went under. 20 points if you can explain how it affects you in any meaningful way.
Your dollars inflate just as badly with these bank bailouts as someone who has $5 million over $250k in SVB bank.
Last edited by ajax18 on Mon May 08, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:52 am
Vēritās wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:07 am
Your dollars inflate just as badly with these bank bailouts as someone who $5 million over $250k in SVB bank.
Can you reword that response into a sentence that makes sense grammatically? You for sure have not come even close to meeting the challenge posed by Vēritās above! You deserve only negative 20 points or less for that answer. Besides that, he conclusively pointed out already that the U.S. economy is still improving; the inflation rate is still slowing down and is already significantly less than that of most other countries. You have failed to present any convincing evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe otherwise! As is often the case with you, your response is equivalent to putting your fingers in your ears and saying, "neener, neener, neener, I don't hear you!"
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 4:53 am
ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:52 am

Your dollars inflate just as badly with these bank bailouts as someone who $5 million over $250k in SVB bank.
Can you reword that response into a sentence that makes sense grammatically? You for sure have not come even close to meeting the challenge posed by Vēritās above! You deserve only negative 20 points or less for that answer. Besides that, he conclusively pointed out already that the U.S. economy is still improving; the inflation rate is still slowing down and is already significantly less than that of most other countries. You have failed to present any convincing evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe otherwise! As is often the case with you, your response is equivalent to putting your fingers in your ears and saying, "neener, neener, neener, I don't hear you!"
It's simple. Printing money to pay off investors inflates the dollar.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Imagine a Trumper complaining about cheap money …
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 am
It's simple. Printing money to pay off investors inflates the dollar.
You are still ignoring the facts that the economy is still improving faster than it did under Trump's Administration, the annual deficit has declined under Biden, whereas it rapidly increased every year of Trump's Administration, the rate of inflation has been slowing, and the unemployment rate is the lowest it has been since more than 40 years ago. All of these indicators contradict your contention that our national economy is getting drastically worse under Biden. And there is no way you can honestly escape the fact that the national debt grew more under Trump than under any other President in our history. Nor can you honestly escape the fact that the primary reason for that is the foolish trillions of dollars in tax cuts for the very wealthiest Americans who least needed tax relief. This is glaringly obvious by the mere fact that they already were so extremely wealthy even before the tax cuts!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.