Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm
If so, it's rather disgusting and entirely unnecessary.
If you really believed that you'd let it go. You wouldn't be resurrecting it from 10 pages ago to open it up for discussion. Good grief, I said "behind closed doors." Obviously that wasn't a direct quote, but I never said it was. Quotations marks aren't always denoting direct quotes. I was tapping into the racist psyche of ajax/hawkeye and Trump who make it perfectly clear they hate immigration coming in from "crap hole" countries. This is the kind of crap they say behind closed doors, or at places like Stormfront. How am I aware of so many slurs? I was raised a Republican in Alabama as a child, and many people claiming to not be racists still use these terms behind closed doors.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:55 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
If you really believed that you'd let it go.
I'll make sure to use this as the benchmark going forward.
You wouldn't be resurrecting it from 10 pages ago to open it up for discussion.
39 - 37 = 2
Good grief, I said "behind closed doors." Obviously that wasn't a direct quote, but I never said it was. Quotations marks aren't always denoting direct quotes. I was tapping into the racist psyche of ajax/hawkeye and Trump who make it perfectly clear they hate immigration coming in from "crap hole" countries. This is the kind of crap they say behind closed doors, or at places like Stormfront. How am I aware of so many slurs? I was raised a Republican in Alabama as a child, and many people claiming to not be racists still use these terms behind closed doors.
If you really believed this was crap, you'd let it go.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:55 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
If you really believed that you'd let it go. You wouldn't be resurrecting it from 10 pages ago to open it up for discussion. Good grief, I said "behind closed doors." Obviously that wasn't a direct quote, but I never said it was. Quotations marks aren't always denoting direct quotes. I was tapping into the racist psyche of ajax/hawkeye and Trump who make it perfectly clear they hate immigration coming in from "crap hole" countries. This is the kind of crap they say behind closed doors, or at places like Stormfront. How am I aware of so many slurs? I was raised a Republican in Alabama as a child, and many people claiming to not be racists still use these terms behind closed doors.
Hey, we’re not doing Stormfront on this thread today. Or tomorrow, or next week. You have a perfectly good existing thread in Prison for that, if need be.

Thanks. -cp-
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:24 pm

Wow. Do you have a source for that quote. That’s some ugly language - of which three slurs I’ve never heard before. Slopes? Chee chees? I don’t even know what that is.

- Doc
I'm not finding the quote from searches. Hopefully this isn't Veritas just using this as an opportunity to use offensive slurs with impunity by pretending it's being said by someone else.

I'm with Steuss on this.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Hopefully this isn't Veritas just using this as an opportunity to use offensive slurs with impunity by pretending it's being said by someone else
I highly, highly, highly, doubt that.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:55 pm
Hopefully this isn't Veritas just using this as an opportunity to use offensive slurs with impunity by pretending it's being said by someone else
I highly, highly, highly, doubt that.
I agree.

At worst, someone (perhaps not Veritas himself) has imagined, perhaps fairly realistically, what Trump might have said on the failure of the US to attract large numbers of (say) Danish or German immigrants, and the tendency for it to instead attract large numbers of people from economically desperate countries. I agree that Veritas certainly almost certainly did not want to use insulting terms for people for the sake of doing so.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:35 pm

You wouldn't be resurrecting it from 10 pages ago to open it up for discussion.
39 - 37 = 2
:lol:

Ok, I give, It felt like 10 pages ago.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Inflation update?

Ajax?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

That's right. Biden got his "inflation reduction act" passed, and within hours, inflation went down and the stock market went up. All the personal doing of Joe Biden.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:33 am
That's right. Biden got his "inflation reduction act" passed, and within hours, inflation went down and the stock market went up. All the personal doing of Joe Biden.
Yeah, but he's probably involved in the worldwide Democratic sex trafficking ring, so we can't give him credit for anything that actually benefits Americans.

I know that sounds extremely damned stupid, but that's the best objection the GOP's got; a lie. It's all they've ever got.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.