Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by ajax18 »

Please clarify your post by giving an example of a statement of fact that Icarus has made that:

(a) Is materially false.
(b) You can be reasonably sure that Icarus knew to be false.
Perhaps Icarus is just willfully ignorant than. The economy was supposed to grow by at least 8.5% this past quarter. Thanks to the Biden administration it only grew by 6.5%.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

I think the best part about the Democrat victory in the Georgia senate runoffs was how well the stock market would do under Biden. The value of the dollar is soaring now that Trump is gone. People are working so hard and making so much money due to the net economic contributions of undocumented immigrants and government stimulus checks that ten years down the road, we may start making them pay rent again. But for now we must continue the moratorium on rent because landlords are evil and white privileged. Hell I should know, I am one.

Now that people know that they still have to mask up even after they're vaccinated, more and more Americans are choosing to get vaccinated and seeing the value in it. But we have to remember that most of the people who refused the vaccine are minorities even though the only people we are allowed to talk about refusing the vaccine are Red state Trump supporters. Therefore until there are zero cases and complete eradication of COVID, vaccinated people including school age children need to be masked all the time and kept home if possible to protect the rights of those who choose not to get vaccinated from getting sick as they protest, loot, wreak havoc in the streets and celebrate Obama's 60th birthday bash. Eradicating COVID is important but only as long as that lockdown does not interfere with these much needed protests and property destruction.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Lol, Cultellus v2.0.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:25 pm
Please clarify your post by giving an example of a statement of fact that Icarus has made that:

(a) Is materially false.
(b) You can be reasonably sure that Icarus knew to be false.
Perhaps Icarus is just willfully ignorant than. The economy was supposed to grow by at least 8.5% this past quarter. Thanks to the Biden administration it only grew by 6.5%.
Says who? A forecast that was made recently? FOX Noise and your idiotic sources insisted for many months we'd be in a depression by now.

And GDP numbers change after adjustments.

But this is hilarious that 6.5% is double that of any quarter during Trump, and you're acting like its a bad thing. If we hit "only" 6.5% instead of 8.5% as forecasted by some, it is likely due to the spike in COVID hospitalizations which only happened because of [deleted, FR 2, RI]
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Icarus wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:25 pm

Says who? A forecast that was made recently? FOX Noise and your idiotic sources insisted for many months we'd be in a depression by now.

And GDP numbers change after adjustments.

But this is hilarious that 6.5% is double that of any quarter during Trump, and you're acting like its a bad thing. If we hit "only" 6.5% instead of 8.5% as forecasted by some, it is likely due to the spike in COVID hospitalizations which only happened because of Right Wing idiots like you.
“F” Biden!! And go masturbate to some old MSNBC reruns pencil dick!!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Payrolls Disaster? ADP Report Shows Hiring Falling Far Short of Expectations

Has the recovery stalled?

U.S. businesses added just 330,000 jobs in July, according to a report from payroll processing firm ADP Wednesday.

That was less than half of the 680,000 forecast by analysts, according to Econoday. June’s estimate was revised down to 680,000 from the initial estimate of 692,000.

July’s job growth Washington the smallest gain in ADP’s estimates since February.

The ADP report is often looked to as a forerunner of the Department of Labor’s monthly jobs report, which is due out Friday. But it has had trouble tracking that report through the pandemic period as hiring and layoffs have gyrated wildly. Some analysts say that even if ADP is not an accurate guide to the official number it is a good guide to the direction of hiring.

Leisure and hospitality added 139,000 jobs, according to ADP. Education and health services payrolls grew by 64,000. Professional and business services climbed by 36,000.

Goods-producing industries were laggards, adding just 12,000 to the tota. Manufacturing payrolls inched up a mere 8,000. Natural resources and mining rose by 3,000 and construction by only 1,000 new positions. Those figures suggest that much of the gains in construction spending and factory orders may be nominal illusions, caused by inflation rather than rising demand for output.

Midsized companies—with 50 to 499 employees—added 132,000 jobs. Larger businesses added 106,000. Small business payrolls grew by 91,000.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/ ... ectations/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Leave it to Brietbart to call 330,000 new jobs a "disaster." That's more jobs created in any month during Trump's 48 attempts.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Glancing through the ADP report, and it looks like over a 3rd of the growth was in fun-time (hospitality/leisure). That seems somewhat counter-intuitive (to me) based on the delta-variant fears.

Also, only 1,000 jobs in construction(?!?). Based on housing alone, I’m having a really hard time wrapping my head around that low of a number. The only thing I can think of is that supply-chain problems are causing a much larger bottleneck than many realize.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:22 pm
Glancing through the ADP report, and it looks like over a 3rd of the growth was in fun-time (hospitality/leisure). That seems somewhat counter-intuitive (to me) based on the delta-variant fears.

Also, only 1,000 jobs in construction(?!?). Based on housing alone, I’m having a really hard time wrapping my head around that low of a number. The only thing I can think of is that supply-chain problems are causing a much larger bottleneck than many realize.
That’s what I hear from family members in related industries, too- supply chain issues are really throwing a wrench in the works of recovery.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Lem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 pm
That’s what I hear from family members in related industries, too- supply chain issues are really throwing a wrench in the works of recovery.
By chance, have they mentioned specific items/materials -- that you wouldn't mind disclosing?

When I got my car stereo about 2 months ago, they were pretty limited in what they had available, and a lot of stuff was on backorder because of a "microchip shortage." When I changed phone carriers last week, I was essentially told the same thing had caused a shortage of Samsung phones.

I've heard (through the anecdotal grapevine) that in the past months there have been shortages in PVC plumbing pipe, electrical wire, roof radiant barrier material, and appliances. I wonder if the microchip shortage trickles down to automated manufacturing as well?