Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:56 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:44 pm
A-Mike,

Don't forget about this:

“I've been around for a long time. And it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats,”

--Donald J. Trump, March 21, 2004 :lol:
That was when the globalist RINOs were the Republican party, not economic nationalists.

Then why did you vote for a guy who’s primary real estate investments are in other countries, has his branded merch made abroad, and who uses undocumented workers to staff his hotels?

Because he told you that he’d build a wall that he didn’t build?
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Inflation has been awesome for me, my family, and everyone who knows how to be financially responsible.
Kevin Graham

Dow Jones Industrial Average On Longest Losing Streak Since 1932

After a promising start to morning trading, the major stock indexes turned sharply negative Friday with the S&P 500 tumbling into bear market territory and the Dow Jones Industrial Average setting up for the longest streak of weekly losses since the Great Depression.

The Dow was off by 1.6 percent by midday Friday, which brings its weekly decline to 4.11 percent. Barring a dramatic turnaround, this will be the eighth consecutive weekly loss for the index. That would be the longest losing streak since 1932.

The S&P 500 was down 1.9 percent for the day and 4.5 percent for the week. This is the seventh weekly loss for the broad index, the most since 2001. Compared with its January high, the S&P is down 20 percent. If it closes at this level, it will officially be a bear market.

Ten of the eleven sectors of the S&P were down, with only real estate hanging on to a 0.6 percent gain for the day. The worst performing sector was consumer discretionary stocks, down 3.73 percent.

The Nasdaq Composite fell 2.6 percent for a weekly decline of 5.6 percent.

Only six stocks on the Dow were in positive territory, led by Merck up by one percent. The worst performing stocks were Boeing, down 7.16 percent, and Caterpillar, down 5.17 percent.

Bond yields, which move in the opposite direction of bond prices, were down, indicating that investors were paying more for the safety of U.S. government securities. The yield on the 10-year Treasury bond fell 0.079 points to 2.774 percent.

Investors are spooked by the negative impact inflation has had on the earnings of major retailers like Walmart and Target and the prospect that the Fed’s interest rate hikes could topple the economy into a recession. The threat of stagflation—low growth with high inflation—is looming larger in the minds of many investors.

By subscribing, you agree to our terms of use & privacy policy. You will receive email marketing messages from Breitbart News Network to the email you provide. You may unsubscribe at any time.
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/ ... ince-1932/
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Actually, the Dow jumped another 700 points to close out the day in the green not the red, after this article was written, shortly after this article was written. Typical Republicans don't understand how the markets work, and only equate it with the "economy" whenever it drops during a Democrat Presidency. We had two major corrections under Trump and all they did was blame Democrats. As I explained before, it doesn't matter where the market is today, it only matters where it is when you decide to cash out. And right now I'm licking my chops over how cheap Tesla and tech stocks are. This is a huge opportunity to double or triple your money within a year.

Meanwhile, the Biden economy is still trucking with record growth and wage increases despite all the disadvantages that come from a post-pandemic period + wars.

by the way, why ajax, do you use your fake Hawkeye moniker while going full retard on economics?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

This is a huge opportunity to double or triple your money within a year.
Just like last year when you said this inflation was only transitory. I've never felt so sad about being right in all my life.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Just like last year when you said this inflation was only transitory. I've never felt so sad about being right in all my life.
If you really we're right, I'd like to know what trades you capitalized on by putting your money where your mouth is.

That's what I thought.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:37 am
This is a huge opportunity to double or triple your money within a year.
It is transitory you moron. Inflation began under Trump and continues on due to post pandemic/Ukraine war/ supply chain issues. "Transitory" simply means temporary. Are you really so dumb as to believe inflation at this rate is PERMANENT??
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

278975046_10226892453074848_8397372390896603796_n.jpg
278975046_10226892453074848_8397372390896603796_n.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 454 times
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:56 am
If you really we're right, I'd like to know what trades you capitalized on by putting your money where your mouth is.

That's what I thought.
What trades have you made?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I may or may not have made any trades, Binger.

Unlike Ajax, I don't have an oracle in the name of Donald J. Trump who can predict commodity prices months and years ahead.