Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:21 pm
Binger wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Hey dummy. Focus.

I posted the private payroll numbers. You should really stick to what you know, which is being a believer.
No, you posted a prediction from two days ago which anyone familiar with US economics understands are usually wrong. A smart man would have waited for the official numbers before trying to make a point with them. Just a few months ago the ADP was way off by estimating a quarter million more jobs than what were actually reported in the Friday report. This month they got it wrong in the other direction.
Are you sure?
Are you super, duper, duper sure?

Take the out here, K.
I am begging you to take the out. We will not even have to call it an L. Panny will not have to come in here like your lord and savior Jesus Christ, dressed in skirt and thongs, to save you.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Binger wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:31 pm
K Graham wrote:

No, you posted a prediction from two days ago which anyone familiar with US economics understands are usually wrong. A smart man would have waited for the official numbers before trying to make a point with them. Just a few months ago the ADP was way off by estimating a quarter million more jobs than what were actually reported in the Friday report. This month they got it wrong in the other direction.
Are you sure?

Take the out here, K.
I am begging you to take the out. We will not even have to call it an L. Panny will not have to come in here like your lord and savior Jesus Christ, dressed in skirt and thongs, to save you.
I see you're still squirming for a lifeline here but just stop embarrassing yourself already. Oh wait, you're posting anonymously. You don't get embarrassed. The fact is you cut and pasted an article, without attribution, which was published two days before the actual jobs report.

The fact is we've averaged over a half million new jobs per month since Biden took office. We were assured we'd get negative job numbers if he were elected, but it is the same story every election cycle. Republicans/FOX insist electing a Democrat will collapse the economy. We elect a Republican and the economy collapses. Then we elect a Democrat and the economy recovers. Wash, rinse and repeat.

From September 2020:

ADP Jobs Number Increasing Divergence From Reality
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Monthly job growth since 2012 in thousands.
jobs3.jpg
jobs3.jpg (83.06 KiB) Viewed 334 times
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Binger wrote:
ssssss.jpg
ssssss.jpg (28.62 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:00 pm
Binger wrote:

Are you sure?

Take the out here, K.
I see you're still squirming for a lifeline here but just stop embarrassing yourself already. Oh wait, you're posting anonymously. You don't get embarrassed. The fact is you cut and pasted an article, without attribution, which was published two days before the actual jobs report.

The fact is we've averaged over a half million new jobs per month since Biden took office. We were assured we'd get negative job numbers if he were elected, but it is the same story every election cycle. Republicans/FOX insist electing a Democrat will collapse the economy. We elect a Republican and the economy collapses. Then we elect a Democrat and the economy recovers. Wash, rinse and repeat.

From September 2020:

ADP Jobs Number Increasing Divergence From Reality
You seem angry. This response is full of deflections, accusations, derails and nonsense.

Let's go back to your other BS. Do you still think that the information I copied was a prediction of the number you are gasmatically celebrating?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Binger wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:37 pm

You seem angry. This response is full of deflections, accusations, derails and nonsense.

Let's go back to your other BS. Do you still think that the information I copied was a prediction of the number you are gasmatically celebrating?
You seem disingenuous. I'm "gasmatically celebrating" by merely posting the monthly jobs numbers? I posted the jobs report which is released every first Friday of the month. You apparently read the less reliable ADP numbers from two days ago and thought you'd use that to "poo poo" on the fact that the economy produced jobs well above expectations. The ADP's numbers turned out to be very wrong, which isn't all that uncommon. And now after being served a plate of crow, you're trying to deflect from your predicament by pretending your point this whole entire time wasn't to negate the numbers I presented. No, now you're trying to hang your entire argument on whether or not the ADP is technically a "prediction." No, it isn't, but the ADP report is used for economic forecasts which is why so many economists had predicted a net jobs loss in the report today. Something Right wingers had been "gasmatically celebrating" since yesterday.
Last edited by K Graham on Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Binger wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Hey dummy. Focus.

I posted the private payroll numbers. You should really stick to what you know, which is being a believer.
And an even smarter man would recognize that it takes a month or two before the government's numbers are finalized. ;)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:31 pm
K Graham wrote:

And an even smarter man would recognize that it takes a month or two before the government's numbers are finalized. ;)
Which is why I post the revisions for the previous months. And from what I remember, all monthly revisions for the past year have been upwards.

I seem to recall July being 300k according to ADP but the actual number ended up being more than twice that.
Last edited by K Graham on Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:32 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

Which is why I post the revisions of the previous month.
Which is a good practice. In general I think the media places far too much importance on the most recent numbers. It obscures general trends that are probably far more important.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
K Graham wrote:

As if it was a prediction or estimation?