Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:30 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:49 pm
Here's the resource I used for what monuments have been removed/relocated, to search for information on who funded them and/or when they were built. The information graph, is towards the bottom. If you hold your curser over the dots, it will give the monument name/description and location.
But there were some monuments built as early as 1869. Why would the Union allow this?
Because the Union wasn't some despotic authoritarian regime that refused to allow citizens, municipalities, and states the right to build plaques and statues?

There's a pretty wide divide between being against people owning human beings as chattel, and being against people building statues.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:47 pm
Because the Union wasn't some despotic authoritarian regime that refused to allow citizens, municipalities, and states the right to build plaques and statues?

There's a pretty wide divide between being against people owning human beings as chattel, and being against people building statues.
Out of curiosity, I looked at the history of some of the earliest monuments. One of the interesting things about them is that none of them appear to be monuments to the Confederacy, or edifices to the generals or leaders of the Confederacy. They are for the soldiers from those specific locations who died. They are literal memorials to the dead.

The very first one, erected in 1869, is actually a grave marker as much as a monument. It’s located in a cemetery in TN, and is for unknown Confederate dead. There are 29 unidentified Confederate soldiers buried there.

The next one was dedicated in 1871, but the cornerstone for it was laid in 1866. It’s specifically for the soldiers from that county in Mississippi it was built in, who died in the war. It has the names of all 279 Confederate soldiers from Amite County who died.

Next was what appears to be Florida’s first monument. It’s for the dead from Walton County, and has the names of all of the fallen soldiers from that county engraved on it.

So, to give a less flippant a**hole answer: I'd guess the reason the “Union” didn’t pay any mind to these monuments is because they were literal memorials to fallen soldiers, and not edifices to the Confederacy, its leaders, and its ideals.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:30 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:49 pm
Here's the resource I used for what monuments have been removed/relocated, to search for information on who funded them and/or when they were built. The information graph, is towards the bottom. If you hold your curser over the dots, it will give the monument name/description and location.
But there were some monuments built as early as 1869. Why would the Union allow this?
QED
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Third quarter GDP in 2023 was revised upwards to a whopping 5.2%.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us- ... rd-quarter

Wage growth outpaced inflation for the 11th straight month.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/135 ... lation-us/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The United States is producing more oil than any country in history

And wage growth has surpassed inflation for the 11th straight month.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/135 ... lation-us/

Looks like that Inflation Reduction Act Biden signed actually worked.

GDP end of 2023 revised upwards to a whopping 5.2%, more than double what Trump averaged.

Also, S&P 500 Hits All-Time High

Looks like the GOP's favorite talking points have been neutered with Biden's policies.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The U.S. economy grew at blistering 3.3% pace in Q4.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Core inflation as measured by the Fed's preferred index rose 0.17% in December, as expected.

This is the sixth month in the last seven where monthly inflation has printed at a rate equal to or below the Fed's 2% target.

YoY: 2.9%
6-month annualized: 1.9%
3-month annualized: 1.5%

https://x.com/NickTimiraos/status/17508 ... 17207?s=20
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

To all you Trump supporters, I'm sure you can't name a single real benefit or improvement in your life that you attribute to Trump's Presidency that would not have occurred anyway regardless of whether or not he was ever President.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Biden kicks off 2024 with another huge month for job growth, with 353,000 which is nearly 200,000 beyond expectations. Also, the previous month was revised upwards and unemployment has been under 4% for its longest stretch in nearly 60 years.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.