Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 pm
How many predict the inflation reduction act will reduce inflation? How many are like Veritas and willing to admit higher inflation was the Democrst party goal all along?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
How many predict the inflation reduction act will reduce inflation? How many are like Veritas and willing to admit higher inflation was the Democrst party goal all along?
I'm not predicting but stating a highly probable outcome: Taxing corporate stock buybacks will be good for both our near term economic health as well as encourage companies to use their profits to add value to the company rather than inflate their stock values.

Disagree?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
I'm not predicting but stating a highly probable outcome: Avoiding drastic moves that would dampen inflation is going to lead to a healthier US economy. It will help the Fed avoid additional/higher rate increases that address inflation by discouraging spending. And addressing issues auch as prescription drug costs and the move from oil energy to sustainable sources is attacking problems with inflation reducing benefits which are less likely to either cause more inflation or overly cool the economy were the bill simply monetary-focused.

Disagree?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
I'm not predicting but stating a highly probable outcome: Addressing the deficit through increased tax collection will lead to a healthier economy as the dangers of perpetually increasing federal deficits subside.

Disagree?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

So what will inflation be next year at this time thanks to this legislation?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:21 am
What would inflation be if Trump had won the election?

Hint: Essentially what it is, plus minus. Could even be worse if hypothetical 2nd term Trump managed to keep intervening with the Fed. It would probably have been better had Trump not been elected in 2016 and a rational person been in office.

Is this the game you want to play? Or do you want to talk about specifics in the law?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:52 pm

Why is ‘Dark Brandon’ actually Sigmund Freud ..?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

ajax18 wrote:
Tell me what inflation is at today and I'll tell you what it will be next year.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:35 am
ajax18 wrote:
What would inflation be if Trump had won the election?

Hint: Essentially what it is, plus minus. Could even be worse if hypothetical 2nd term Trump managed to keep intervening with the Fed. It would probably have been better had Trump not been elected in 2016 and a rational person been in office.

Is this the game you want to play? Or do you want to talk about specifics in the law?
When did you know everything?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:

How many predict ajax/hawkeye will continue to repeat this lie yet a sixth, seventh, eighth time?

It speaks to his dishonesty and stupidity. Unbelievable this guy claims to be an educated doctor of anything when after a decade here, he shows no ability to process simple thoughts, just regurgitate Brietbart and lie about things to make himself feel comfortable about pushing debunked talking points.

The fact is Ajax/hawkeye likes to pose as some kind of prophet who gets things right when in reality he's gotten virtually everything wrong. He didn't start "predicting" inflation until after it had already started trending upwards as economists everywhere predicted it would continue to do so for reasons that had nothing to do with Biden. And yes, it likely is transitory and will likely be heading down, as it already has shown to be doing this past month.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18