Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Yeah. Corporate greed is a helluva thing.

Jesus. I sometimes wonder if Xanax is a parody account.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Might be worth looking for more authoritative figures for median salaries over time, and surveying a wider range of goods.

Comparing cars across 75 years is also dubious. A new car with the safety and performance standards of 1957 wouldn’t cost $30K today.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ajax wants to bring back 1957 as the perfect economic time in US history huh?

Someone should remind him in 1957 the progressive tax rate was as high as 90% for highest income earners.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

That guy was definitely a right-wing Christian, given his reference goods are gas, cigarettes, and beer.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/Televisio ... -inflation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices for televisions are 99.29% lower in 2023 versus 1950
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:02 pm
That guy was definitely a right-wing Christian, given his reference goods are gas, cigarettes, and beer.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/Televisio ... -inflation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices for televisions are 99.29% lower in 2023 versus 1950
Amazing, isn't it? I have certainly noticed that. I see in stores nowadays TVs up to 50" wide or wider, with ultra-high definition HI FI stereo sound, built in access to a bewildering array high tech features and access to the internet, that I once could not even have dreamed of owning, yet priced at less than a quarter of the price I paid for my very first color TV set back in the early 1970s. It was barely 19" wide, and had laughably inferior picture quality and sound compared to the cheapest available TV one can now purchase anywhere. Even the cheapest, poorest quality monochrome TVs, with tiny screens, used to cost more than some of the highest quality, feature rich TVs one can now buy!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.