Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by ajax18 »

Which is why I left the G.O.P. years ago, and will almost certainly never entertain the even slightest possibility of ever going back to it. This is remarkable and tragic in the light of the fact that the very first Republican President was arguably the best President we ever had!
But not a good enough president to allow his name to be upon a public school building in San Francisco. You won't be able to graduate high school for long, let alone Harvard, without believing or pretending to believe that Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/us/san-f ... index.html
Last edited by ajax18 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MAGA has chosen hate because hate is a faith. They escape responsibility and doubt. They can blame anything on the Democrat; they do not need to engage reason, for they have their faith.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:42 pm
Which is why I left the G.O.P. years ago, and will almost certainly never entertain the even slightest possibility of ever going back to it. This is remarkable and tragic in the light of the fact that the very first Republican President was arguably the best President we ever had!
But a good enough president to allow his name to be upon a public school building in San Francisco. You won't be able to graduate high school for long, let alone Harvard, without believing or pretending to believe that Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/us/san-f ... index.html
Abraham Lincoln might well have believed initially that Blacks were inherently inferior to Whites, but he still believed that Slavery was wrong, and he certainly changed or modified that position before he died, largely because of the great respect and admiration he had for Frederick Douglass. Do your homework about American history!

Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass: Inside Their Complicated Relationship

And I agree with you that renaming schools named after Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and other founding fathers of our nation and great Americans who contributed to making our nation what it has become is unwarranted. Even though many of them had some flaws (who doesn't have any?), they still deserve to be commemorated for the positive contributions they made to our country. Though I deplore the fact that certain great patriots like Washington and Jefferson owned slaves, it can't be reasonably denied that despite that, they still managed to make many commendable contributions to American intellectual thought, morality, law, and governance.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

And I agree with you that renaming schools named after Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and other founding fathers of our nation and great Americans who contributed to making our nation what it has become is unwarranted. Even though many of them had some flaws (who doesn't have any?), they still deserve to be commemorated for the positive contributions they made to our country. Though I deplore the fact that certain great patriots like Washington and Jefferson owned slaves, it can't be reasonably denied that despite that, they still managed to make many commendable contributions to American intellectual thought, morality, law, and governance.
Do you realize that the people who built many of the Confederate statues currently being torn down, were Union soldiers who likely had family members killed by the confederates? Why do you think they did that? Because the Yankees were racist as well? No they built those statues because the Union, including Lincoln, knew how to be magnanimous in victory. They knew what it would take to achieve a lasting peace. The civil war is a fascinating time when even mortal enemies respected each other. They still possessed a sense of honor and weren't willing to unleash a partisan political justice system upon their political opponents as Democrats have done since 2015. it kind of makes sense that Democrats are now, 150 years later, tearing down the statues for the very purpose of stirring up anger to help get black people out to vote. We know for sure they won't be coming out to vote for four more years of Bidenomics.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:03 pm
Do you realize that the people who built many of the Confederate statues currently being torn down, were Union soldiers who likely had family members killed by the confederates? Why do you think they did that? Because the Yankees were racist as well? No they built those statues because the Union, including Lincoln, knew how to be magnanimous in victory. They knew what it would take to achieve a lasting peace.
Hey, wait a minute! Surely those Confederate statues were not put up just after the Civil War ended. Wasn't it much later, when Southern whites were setting up "Jim Crow" measures several decades later?

Just asking ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:03 pm
Do you realize that the people who built many of the Confederate statues currently being torn down, were Union soldiers who likely had family members killed by the confederates? Why do you think they did that? Because the Yankees were racist as well? No they built those statues because the Union, including Lincoln, knew how to be magnanimous in victory. They knew what it would take to achieve a lasting peace. The civil war is a fascinating time when even mortal enemies respected each other. They still possessed a sense of honor and weren't willing to unleash a partisan political justice system upon their political opponents as Democrats have done since 2015. it kind of makes sense that Democrats are now, 150 years later, tearing down the statues for the very purpose of stirring up anger to help get black people out to vote. We know for sure they won't be coming out to vote for four more years of Bidenomics.
Source? Because:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_ ... onfederacy
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Do you realize that the people who built many of the Confederate statues currently being torn down, were Union soldiers who likely had family members killed by the confederates?
I don't know why I'm taking the time doing this, other than hoping that at some point you'll start to realize that your right-wing sources lie to you, and have a complete distain for your intelligence. You deserve better than the way your media and politicians treat you and your ability to reason.

Let's take a look through the monuments that have been removed.

The very first one that was removed was a highway marker in... Vancouver Washington. It was installed in 1939, by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. Next was the Jabez Curry statue. It was commissioned by the the state of Alabama. Next one that was removed was the "Silent Sentinel" in Baton Rouge. Once again, not Union soldiers, but the Daughters of the Confederacy put this one in place. We still haven't hit the big push of removals of the late-2010s, but we're almost there. Next one was the Confederate monument in Reidsville, NC. Surely, as we're heading this far North, we're going to see Union soldiers, right? Nope, another one built by the Daughter's of the Confederacy.

Now things start picking up with the removals. Next, we have the Jefferson Davis statue in Austin. This monument was funded/commissioned by Confederate Army Officer, George W. Littlefield. Next one that was removed was the Confederate Monument in Columbia, MO. This was yet another UDC lost cause revisionist history edifice. Next monument that was removed was in Charlotte NC. It was built in 1977 -- for reference, the last Civil War veteran died in 1956. Wrapping up the monuments that were removed in 2015, we have the Confederate Flag Bicentennial Memorial in Wichita, KS. Like the previous one, this one was built in the 1970s.

We're now into 2016 removals, starting out with the inscription honoring Confederate soldiers at UT Austin. This is another one that was sponsored by Confederate veteran, George Littlefield. In fact, it was likely done out of spite for the Union supporter (George Brackenridge) who donated the land. Next one removed was the CSA North Carolina Military Institute monument, which was originally dedicated in 1994 (almost 40 years after the last Civil War veteran died). Next one to be removed in 2016 was a Jefferson Davis marker in Texas. Once again, the Daughters of the Confederacy were behind it being built, not former Union soldiers. Next was the relocation of the Confederate Monument in Louisville. Once again, no known former Union soldiers took part in advocating for it being built.

Now we move into the year with the highest number of removals -- 2017. The Johnny Reb Monument in Ocala, Florida. Following the pattern of every single one so far, Union soldiers had nothing to do with it, and it was another UDC project. Following the Johnny Reb removal was the Confederate Soldier Monument in Orlando. Once again, a UDC project. As I'm sure will be a shocker, the next one was also a UDC project, in St. Petersburg, Florida. Next to fall in 2017 was the Kansas City "Loyal Woman of the South" monument, which once again was a Confederate spear-headed project. Next was the Confederate statue of Capt. Mathes, that was commissioned by his Confederate widow. Next was the Robert E Lee riding Traveller statue in Dallas. This one was done by the Confederate organization, Southern Women's Memorial Association. Next was the KKK Grand Wizard monument for Confederate Nathan Bedford Forrest in Memphis. Once again, a UDC project. Next to be removed that year were the stained glass windows in DC, of Jackson and Lee. And once again, this was a Confederacy sympathizer revisionist "Lost Cause" installation. Next was the Sidney Johnston statue in Austin. Pretty much, if it's in Texas it's a coinflip of whether it was a revisionist "Lost Cause" edifice by the UDC, or something built out of spite for the Union and Union soldiers by Confederate veteran George Littlefield. Next to come down that year was the Boston Harbor Confederate memorial. This is another one that was built after the last Civil War veteran was dead (built 1964). Next was Jackson and Lee statue in Baltimore, MD. This one is kind of different, in that the guy that funded it wasn't in the war, and wasn't part of the UDC revisionist "Lost Cause" efforts. He left the money in his will for the statue, saying that the two men were his "boyish heroes". Next was Confederate memorial in Ellicott City. This one was largely the work of Henry Forsythe Jr.

That takes us about a 3rd of the way into 2017. I can keep going if you want, but I'm fairly certain the outcome of continuing is pretty clear. Not a single one built by Union soldiers. Not one. I'm not saying that if I continue I might find one, or maybe even two, but "many"? Yeahhhh....
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Here's the resource I used for what monuments have been removed/relocated, to search for information on who funded them and/or when they were built. The information graph, is towards the bottom. If you hold your curser over the dots, it will give the monument name/description and location.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

It’s a damn shame Xanax won’t read Dr. Steus’ post, nor will he take the time to click on any of the links provided. As has been Xanax’s M.O., he’ll just pivot to some more nonsense he’s either imagined, or to a lie he’s been told that he enjoys hearing. Not only is he a Stupid damned Mormon, but he’s also a Traitorous Racist Yokel. He’ll go to his grave spouting lies and nonsense because to lie is the only real power he has over his life.

- Doc
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:49 pm
Here's the resource I used for what monuments have been removed/relocated, to search for information on who funded them and/or when they were built. The information graph, is towards the bottom. If you hold your curser over the dots, it will give the monument name/description and location.
But there were some monuments built as early as 1869. Why would the Union allow this?