Storms in the Southern States

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Ren
_Emeritus

Storms in the Southern States

Post by _Ren »

Just seen on the news about tornadoes ripping through the Southern States.
I know we have a few posters in that part of the world - how we all doin'?
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Thinking »

We had tornado sirens wailing from about 6:00pm until 7:00, but nothing hit my immediate vicinity. There were several deaths in my state, though.

Tornadoes are somewhat predictable in that they tend to follow the lay of the land in a certain pattern. Our house is not in a spot that typically gets hit, while some areas tend to get hit over and over throughout the years.

I wasn't scared last night, even with the constant sound of the sirens. My children were scared, though. As a child, I spend many a stormy night, shivering with fear, huddling with my blanket and pillow under the stairwell. We had a half basement and the safest spot to be was in the stairwell, or under the stairwell.
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Yikes, I just looked it up! 30 dead from the tornadoes in the Southern states.

Tennessee and Arkansas had the most, with 12 deaths in Tenn. and 11 in Ark. Not a good day.
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

AT,

Yeah - I guess it would be scary for the kids. Glad nothing happened where you are.
Which state do you live in again?
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

I am in Arkansas.

There was a tornado warning in my town, but there were no actual touchdowns here. The deaths that happened in AR were not near us.

Funny thing is that I couldn't even bother to be worried about the tornadoes, because I was looking for some stuff that my husband told me to file years ago. Dealing with him was a much more daunting prospect than dealing with a tornado. He wanted it yesterday night, and so I was searching for it. Due to my total lack of organization, I knew finding it was not going to be easy. I was much more concerned about that than getting flattened by a tornado, lol. I did find some of the pertinent papers, but not all (of course the one I couldn't find was the most important one).

I cannot even fully express to you the full extent of my disorganization. I think a tornado would make my house look better (ok, I'm exaggerating).