What do you guys think about these boots?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

What do you guys think about these boots?

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Boots link

I think I like them so much that I might just go get a job and purchase them. Hehe. OMGosh. I don't normally bother about fashion but the last few weeks I have been erm kinda um...
Just punched myself on the face...
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

For a girl those are great, especially in cold weather. Not exactly summertime wear.

very stylish.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Summertime weather in the UK? LOL. I think they are really quite different.
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

They look like something an Eskimo would wear.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

They would be great in Antarctica.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

LOL. let me show you what people are wearing these days.

_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Ugh, Uggs. I LOVE mukluks and moccasins, but Uggs have ruined it for me. It'll be years before I can wear anything loose and suede again without looking like a fashion bottom feeder.

Pirate, I think your boots are fine. They look cool for a girl your age and would look cute with jeans and even a skirt.

Guess what? I'm looking for boots, too! I need something warm for the cold miserable crappy weather here in NYC. Because I live in an urban area I walk alot and use mass transit (subway, buses, trains, taxis), so I also need something with a low heel. My shoes must all be highly walkable---I have a low heels and platforms that are no trouble, but only one pair of "real" heels and those were bought for me by a wealthy benefactor.

I've looked at lots of boots, and may settle for some very conventional Frye boots---these could double as riding boots when I take riding lessons this spring and hopefully ride the horsies in Utah with gramps in the Fall:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/33154056/c/3.html

However, these are the ones I really want:

http://www.pedshoes.com/trippen/trippen ... lorID=638#

much cooler, but because they have hardly any heel probably won't be any use in a stirrup.

Also since I just spent a wad of cash on new glasses, I'm pondering the economics of the decision as well...

Something you might consider for boots/cold weather are lots of slouchy socks, leg warmers and stockings like the ones you can find here:

http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php

I don't think they ship free overseas, but the free shipping on this site is wonderful for me. I've gotten a lot of over-the-knee and thigh-highs from them recently, along with the garters to hold them up.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Re: What do you guys think about these boots?

Post by _Moniker »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Boots link

I think I like them so much that I might just go get a job and purchase them. Hehe. OMGosh. I don't normally bother about fashion but the last few weeks I have been erm kinda um...

Aha! I bought these a few nights ago in black:

They were rather cheap, I hope they won't look too cheap. There's a show coming up that I want to go to and always have to wear a new outfit. I am a glutton for punishment, I should actually purchase some comfy shoes -- I wear heels so much that I feel awkward wearing anything other than heels. I know it's bad for my feet -- oh well.

I like those Pirate -- They're awfully cute!
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

Blixa wrote:

much cooler, but because they have hardly any heel probably won't be any use in a stirrup.

Love those! They're definitely not cheap --- 50 books/gasbill/groceries for a month or boots -- it's a tough call... :)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Moniker wrote:
Blixa wrote:

Love those! They're definitely not cheap --- 50 books/gasbill/groceries for a month or boots -- it's a tough call... :)

well they are more than the gas bill, but considerably less than 50 books, or a month of groceries!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."