What do you guys think about these boots?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Blixa wrote:Ugh, Uggs. I LOVE mukluks and moccasins, but Uggs have ruined it for me. It'll be years before I can wear anything loose and suede again without looking like a fashion bottom feeder.

Pirate, I think your boots are fine. They look cool for a girl your age and would look cute with jeans and even a skirt.

Guess what? I'm looking for boots, too! I need something warm for the cold miserable crappy weather here in NYC. Because I live in an urban area I walk alot and use mass transit (subway, buses, trains, taxis), so I also need something with a low heel. My shoes must all be highly walkable---I have a low heels and platforms that are no trouble, but only one pair of "real" heels and those were bought for me by a wealthy benefactor.

I've looked at lots of boots, and may settle for some very conventional Frye boots---these could double as riding boots when I take riding lessons this spring and hopefully ride the horsies in Utah with gramps in the Fall:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/33154056/c/3.html

However, these are the ones I really want:

http://www.pedshoes.com/trippen/trippen ... lorID=638#

much cooler, but because they have hardly any heel probably won't be any use in a stirrup.

Also since I just spent a wad of cash on new glasses, I'm pondering the economics of the decision as well...

Something you might consider for boots/cold weather are lots of slouchy socks, leg warmers and stockings like the ones you can find here:

http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php

I don't think they ship free overseas, but the free shipping on this site is wonderful for me. I've gotten a lot of over-the-knee and thigh-highs from them recently, along with the garters to hold them up.

I love your boots. They are well good. I wouldn't be able to decide between them. The first pair are a bit like boots I would wear a few years back. The second are just well good.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Re: What do you guys think about these boots?

Jersey Girl wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:Boots link

I think I like them so much that I might just go get a job and purchase them. Hehe. OMGosh. I don't normally bother about fashion but the last few weeks I have been erm kinda um...

They're cool enough. Wear them with straight leg jeans tucked in and we got a deal, pirate!

There is also something about them and the Uggs that speak to me of straight skirts on the short side. Don't ask me why. I have no detectable fashion sense. I'd wear the Doc's with a skirt too.

Gawd, I disgust myself!

;-)

I'd wear docs with a skirt. There aren't many docs round here. I wear skinny jeans with my pink wellies.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I got some new boots today. Not like those I had shown. I will post a pic on when I get back to my accomodation.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Moniker wrote:Silentkid! I still have my first pair of Docs! I was such a tuff lil brat! Pulled them on with my teen angst each day. :)

Awesome! I bought mine my junior year in high school. They were the same as the one I posted the pic of. I straight laced them and used black shoe polish on them so it would work into the cracks and make them look really hardcore. Mine don't fit anymore because my feet grew another size. It's time for a new pair.

Another thing...when I was on my mission, the black, low-top docs were popular and worn by most missionaries (they're so durable). Our mission president made us black out the yellow lacing with a sharpie. He thought they didn't look professional enough. Ha. I wish I had taken my ox-bloods with me--those were professional.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Gazelam wrote:Silent,

Did you use yours for waffle making, or kicking through shins?

Gaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKp-LkhNQ8

Mine weren't steel-toed and I was a skinny dude, so I'll have to go with waffle making. Great song, by the way.
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

silentkid wrote:
Moniker wrote:Silentkid! I still have my first pair of Docs! I was such a tuff lil brat! Pulled them on with my teen angst each day. :)

Awesome! I bought mine my junior year in high school. They were the same as the one I posted the pic of. I straight laced them and used black shoe polish on them so it would work into the cracks and make them look really hardcore. Mine don't fit anymore because my feet grew another size. It's time for a new pair.

Another thing...when I was on my mission, the black, low-top docs were popular and worn by most missionaries (they're so durable). Our mission president made us black out the yellow lacing with a sharpie. He thought they didn't look professional enough. Ha. I wish I had taken my ox-bloods with me--those were professional.

When I was in my early 20's I wore a pair of Docs when I waitressed. My manager didn't like them and I showed them how they still were acceptable under the company policies... so gotta wear them. Then one night this prick (with 2 others in his party) gave me a hard time all night. He handed me a tip and told me to go buy some "nice shoes" -- I told him my shoes cost more than his parties dinner. :)

Anyway, I left behind my teen angst and don't have anywhere to wear them. Guess I could stomp about in my house with em on? I'd rather not.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I wore Docs on my mission. They were great. I had that same pair for years, they lasted forever.

I used Docs at work for a long time as well, they tended to last for a year at work. I only recently switched to somethign with more cushion. I tended to kick sheetmetal and slice into the sides, relieving the air cusion the sole was made to provide.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

As long as we're discussing female fashion, what kind of shoes would go best with this dress?

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Gazelam wrote:I wore Docs on my mission. They were great. I had that same pair for years, they lasted forever.

I had some shoes from Clarks that lasted for years. They were odd looking but they lasted. The uppers wore out, not the sole despite a lot of walking.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I got shoes from clarks a few weeks ago. I tried looking for them online but couldn't find them.