Derailments from the "Jersey Girl as mod" thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Derailments from the "Jersey Girl as mod" thread

Post by _truth dancer »

Hey all...

Spring is coming!

My tulips are coming up, there are buds on the trees, and it is SUNNY outside!

I have about 200 pink tulips in one area of my garden and I can't WAIT to see them in all their glory.

My lilac trees are going to bloom here pretty soon...

Oh don't you just LOVE Spring?

~dancer~

How is that Moniker? ;-)
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

Thank you, Shades, for clarifying. :)

truthdancer:

My dogwood will be blooming soon!

_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

truth dancer wrote:Hey all...

Spring is coming!

My tulips are coming up, there are buds on the trees, and it is SUNNY outside!

I have about 200 pink tulips in one area of my garden and I can't WAIT to see them in all their glory.

My lilac trees are going to bloom here pretty soon...

Oh don't you just LOVE Spring?

~dancer~

How is that Moniker? ;-)

It was 4 degrees today where I live

So don't TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF YET! We still have 4-6 weeks of winter though next wek it may hit 40.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Jason Bourne wrote:It was 4 degrees today where I live

So don't TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF YET! We still have 4-6 weeks of winter though next wek it may hit 40.

So you wouldn't want me to talk about the 72 degree weather and taking my kids to the neighborhood park this morning? Alright then. I won't mention it.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

skippy the dead wrote:

So you wouldn't want me to talk about the 72 degree weather and taking my kids to the neighborhood park this morning? Alright then. I won't mention it.

It was a high of 35 here today. I warmed my hands by sticking them down my friends' collars.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

skippy the dead wrote:

Oh the pain!
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Moniker wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:
Moniker wrote:To be perfectly honest 'though -- I assumed she didn't reply (to my concise 5 worded question that was the same in the message as the subject) 'cause she was ticked off at me.

I suppose someone else let her in on the fact that I discussed it with Shades, 'cause I still didn't get a reply from her (and you're talking with her in PM).

Forgive me, but I think you may perhaps be asking too much. Many, MANY have been the time when I've read a PM but simply didn't have the psychic energy to respond to it until the next day or later. Happens all the time.

I'd like to know that if she is upset with anyone on the board that she can still act as a moderator and separate that from the board crap.

I rather think she can.

I don't KNOW that's what happened, yet, that is my take on it.

Nope, that didn't happen. She refrained from splitting the thread--or taking any other sort of moderatorial action--because she herself was involved in it.

Shades, I didn't say she split the thread. We talked about this hours ago. In my PM to you I was clear that I had asked her if she had split the thread. If she had replied I would have asked her to split her comment to me, as well. She didn't reply. I have NOT suggested HERE that she split that thread. Last night after my post was moved and I'd sent Jersey Girl a PM I asked on the board which mod had moved the posts.

I only related the story since it was brought up on the first page of this thread by you. I was concerned that others may have some vague knowledge -- and I KNOW how on this board a weeee bit of knowledge gets wrapped into a snowball of distortion rather quickly.

Just as we see above! :) I'm not stating that she split the thread! MY ONLY CONCERN last night was that she didn't reply to me about my attempt to contact her in MODERATOR MODE. You told me you'd discuss that with her, and I assume you have, or will.

I didn't start this thread, and I would NOT have related this story again if it hadn't been brought up here. I'd rather tell my own story than others prescribe one for me. :)

Edited to add: I've had probably over 200 PMs, in the past, with Jersey Girl and she's a quick one to reply, almost instantaneous -- last night struck me as odd. I don't KNOW why she didn't reply. I assumed she was still ticked at me.

Can someone derail this thread, please?

I am great at derailing, think of me as the emergancy derailer. But just a note, Jersey Girl might be busy.

Okay onto derailing, I don't normally plan it so you guys have to help me.

I almost burned my toast this morning. I didn't have toast and beans today. Just toast.
I was talking to a missionary last night, I went where B&L goes, he made me cry all night. I sometimes wish I had my Dr's email address. I have tutorial in a bit, so will have to go soon. I didn't plan on going in today. Oh wait this should be for my blog.

Okay... Do any of you guys like tangerines? I like tangerines, very much so. Yummmm...
Just punched myself on the face...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

What I want to know is what they intend to do with all that nose hair that has been accumulating during the last blitz into the middle east. Is this part of a global failure to plan anything?

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I would like to add my sob story to this derailment thread. Now, not an hour or so ago, I was on my way home from (you guessed it) Wal Mart driving in one of our Honda's. So, I pull off onto the road that leads off the beaten path to the sticks which is where I live. I was driving along at say, I dunno, 55 mph singing to the Eagles CD (I do a darn good job on "How Long" unless of course you can actually hear me) when I realized that while my foot was on the gas, the car was no longer moving foward.

And then it stopped running entirely!!!

Somehow I managed to roll off into the ditch on the side of the road. We have "soft shoulders" out here in the sticks but I prefer to call them ditches and if you'd ever run off the road here in a blizzard you'd know why. Anyway...

So I call JB up on the cell and tell him I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. He comes with yet another Honda (SUV), hooks up a tow rope (decides it's the ignition or fuel system--very good mechanic and trouble shooter that one is!) and off we go.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO RIDE THE BRAKES TO KEEP THE TOW LINE TAUGHT ON A CAR THAT ISN'T RUNNING?!?!?!

Damn hard, that's how hard!

Just thank goodness that it wasn't snowing! Unless of course you count the winding driveway..with snow...with ice...darn it. JB managed to drag it fast and we slung the darn car up on the parking area. Good thing it's a tiny little Honda and I am brave! We originally had it in the middle of the driveway (it's really more like a dirt/gravel road) and I said "You know, JB, I think if you can pull it fast enough we can sling it right onto the pad", and that's what we did.

Well, we didn't kill ourselves. As I was being dragged home (while standing on the brake) it occured to me how many times we've towed cars since we met when I was just 17(and you know what I mean). ALOT!!! And here is my question, why is it that it's always ME who has to be the towee? I can count on one hand the number of times I have been the tow-er.

This and other unanswered questions will haunt me all of my days.

Nah! I'm just kidding!

Jersey Girl
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

I'm glad you got home okay! Sheesh, it's awful when you have car trouble. How 'bout this? Next time you break down let JB handle the car that's not running and you drive the other?

Wala! No more towee!