Are my expectations too high??

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:Holy Moley Bond. I've had some terrible jobs, but...not...that. I stay away from Walmart. Though, in fairness, I must say the one I used the bathroom in (in the bathroom itself) in Brigham City last September seemed unoffensive enough. It was early in the morning, I was going to a place I wasn't sure how to get to and I had a outdated map, and Nature Called. Walmart was the first place I saw when I pulled off the highway that I thought would have easy access to public restrooms.

I sometimes take dates to Walmart. A couple of sodas in the little "diner" area and some A+ people-watching never fails for the making of a memorable evening.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Blixa wrote:Holy Moley Bond. I've had some terrible jobs, but...not...that. I stay away from Walmart. Though, in fairness, I must say the one I used the bathroom in (in the bathroom itself) in Brigham City last September seemed unoffensive enough. It was early in the morning, I was going to a place I wasn't sure how to get to and I had a outdated map, and Nature Called. Walmart was the first place I saw when I pulled off the highway that I thought would have easy access to public restrooms.

I sometimes take dates to Walmart. A couple of sodas in the little "diner" area and some A+ people-watching never fails for the making of a memorable evening.

Note to Steuss---Don't take Blixa to either Wal-Mart or Chuck E. Cheese on your first date. It may be your last!

;)
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

In response to Scottie's OP---

No, your expectations were not too high. You paid money to have a birthday party there, and you should have had better service. I would have complained to the manager.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Yes. Well I'm already looking for something better. They were the first place that called after my money ran out, so I have to do something to refill the coffers a bit. LOL

Really I don't care. I don't have any vested interest in the job. I just put in my time, work decently, and get paid.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

liz3564 wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Blixa wrote:Holy Moley Bond. I've had some terrible jobs, butNote to Steuss---Don't take Blixa to either Wal-Mart or Chuck E. Cheese on your first date. It may be your last!

;)

Unless I have to use the bathroom...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

I just thought of the worst possible combination of businesses:

Wally E. Cheese

*Shudders*
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLGtuDZTk6o

A song for Scottie, courtesy of a good southern comedian, Tim Wilson.

(hope this is the right link/audio...I don't have sound on this school computer).
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

If anything Scottie, your thread will make me be a little more self-aware when I visit Nickel-cade. I’m kinda worried now that I’ve bogarted some game and denied a kid access.

Sucky.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

lol. what timing.

NATICK, Mass. — A child's birthday party at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Massachusetts was cut short when a fight broke out between two mothers.

The mother of the 9-year-old birthday boy apparently became enraged because the other woman's son was "hogging" an arcade game, Natick, Mass., police said.

Catherine Aliaga, 38, and Tarsha Williams, 33, both of Boston, will be summoned into court to answer charges of simple assault and battery stemming from the scuffle, Sgt. Paul Thompson said.

Thompson told the MetroWest Daily News that police received a number of 911 calls about the fight Saturday night.

He said what started as a birthday celebration turned into a "birthday melee."
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

Who Knows wrote:lol. what timing.

NATICK, Mass. — A child's birthday party at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Massachusetts was cut short when a fight broke out between two mothers.

The mother of the 9-year-old birthday boy apparently became enraged because the other woman's son was "hogging" an arcade game, Natick, Mass., police said.

Catherine Aliaga, 38, and Tarsha Williams, 33, both of Boston, will be summoned into court to answer charges of simple assault and battery stemming from the scuffle, Sgt. Paul Thompson said.

Thompson told the MetroWest Daily News that police received a number of 911 calls about the fight Saturday night.

He said what started as a birthday celebration turned into a "birthday melee."
I'd go to Chuck E. Cheese if this happened nightly.