Thank goodness for research.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Thank goodness for research.

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

On my pack of oatmeal this morning:

Research shows that whole grains, like Quaker Oatmeal, as part of a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products may help support blood pressure levels already within the normal range.

It’s like magic.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I try to get a daily allowance of both oatmeal and research...daily.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:I try to get a daily allowance of both oatmeal and research...daily.

*Grin*

The real question is: Do you ever research your oatmeal?
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Actually, I have. I'm currently on a bit of a nutrition bend, trying to become a great deal healthier in my eating habits. I've been watching a BBC show called "You Are What You Eat" in which a nutritionist bullies people into becoming healthy by analyzing their poo and displaying a "Beastly Feast" of all the crap they consume in a week.

I'm fascinated more by the sheer horror of the Beastly Feasts than I am the poo. I think.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

You two are made for each other. We need to take up a collection to get Blixa and Steuss in the same room.

;)
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:Actually, I have. I'm currently on a bit of a nutrition bend, trying to become a great deal healthier in my eating habits. I've been watching a BBC show called "You Are What You Eat" in which a nutritionist bullies people into becoming healthy by analyzing their poo and displaying a "Beastly Feast" of all the crap they consume in a week.

I'm fascinated more by the sheer horror of the Beastly Feasts than I am the poo. I think.

I hope that excrement isn't what garners your main fascination. I'm down with some kinky stuff, but a feller has to draw the line somewhere.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Blixa wrote:Actually, I have. I'm currently on a bit of a nutrition bend, trying to become a great deal healthier in my eating habits. I've been watching a BBC show called "You Are What You Eat" in which a nutritionist bullies people into becoming healthy by analyzing their poo and displaying a "Beastly Feast" of all the crap they consume in a week.

I hope that excrement isn't what garners your main fascination. I'm down with some kinky stuff, but a feller has to draw the line somewhere.

No scat for this cat.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

liz3564 wrote:You two are made for each other. We need to take up a collection to get Blixa and Steuss in the same room.

;)

Right. Like I'm putting up good money so that Blixa can sink her claws into yet another hunky piece of mancandy. Pardon me if I pay the gas bill before I pay Blixa's boytoy bill.

;P
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I'll be back West this summer. Since I'll need to be in Southern Utah part of the time, maybe I can just go the extra coupla miles to Vegas...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

liz3564 wrote:You two are made for each other. We need to take up a collection to get Blixa and Steuss in the same room.

;)

You are such a wonderful Yenta. Maybe a nice room close to the library stacks of UNLV.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace