Seriously Irritated

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Seriously Irritated

Post by _Sam Harris »

I was at work today when my cell vibrated. Strange number. I think to myself that it's my annoying ass cousin who has managed to get my cell (I gave in and finally gave it to her instead of living out the angst of thinking she might find it...at least I'll know to block her calls now...strange logic, I know). It's not. It's a man whose voice I do not recognize.

Turns out it's my ex's best friend. Who literally lectures me about dating a white man ("I see our athletes going over to the other side, but when our women do it..." man seriously, Screw you), and has the nerve to tell me I'm afraid to be alone. This is a man who cheated on his wife with a literal harem, three different women, got two of them pregnant, and is only staying with the wife because she's pregnant again.

It took a lot for me not to verbally curse him out. But I did send him a nasty gram. WTF is up with people and the problem with interracial dating? BF and I have not had many obstacles to being together, other than nosy co-worker who irritated the whole office by messing with us. Now I have to deal with this Degrassi Jr High BS with someone sitting by while his friend calls me to grill me over dating *gasp* A WHITE MAN! What the hell?

First of all, I chose him not because of the color of his skin (I don't even look at things like that), I chose him because he smoked the competition...which wasn't really hard to do, in hindsight. Culturally we have a lot in common. I'm not the first black woman he's dated (or married), he's not the first white man I've dated. Why the issue?

I have a headache I'm so pissed. I really want to find both my ex and his boyfriend, take a running start, and kick them both in the nuts.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Some people are stupid. If it’s any consolation, I can somewhat relate (as in I was dating a gal back when I was about 20 and was once asked to leave her uncle’s house while she was lectured for bringing a white hombre over).

Don’t let it get you down, let it lift you up.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Your ex is gay???

If so then what the crud, it is wrong to be gay.

Don't let them get to you. If you guys are happy and things work for you and clearly he makes you happy, I've noticed the change in your writing in PMs, then it is no one else's GDbusiness. You be happy and forget what others say.

When you said your "cell vibrated", I thought a cell in your body, I was thinking how do you know which one vibrated? LOL, then I realised you meant a mobile. I was at an interesting talk tonight (IOP) about technology, the title was "From Morse to the Internet". It was cool and I never actually fell asleep, although I did throw a tea bag at someone. Hehe. It was interesting to see the difference between a cell phone and a mobile phone. And the change in how many bits per second can travel these days.

But back on topic.

Enjoy life and be happy. Who cares the colour of people's skin, it is what is inside and between you that matters.

Pirate.
Just punched myself on the face...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Wonder if he had been drinking prior to the call? Hopefully he won't call back.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Doctor Steuss wrote:Some people are stupid. If it’s any consolation, I can somewhat relate (as in I was dating a gal back when I was about 20 and was once asked to leave her uncle’s house while she was lectured for bringing a white hombre over).

And there I thought you played for the other team!!! ;D LOL.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:Some people are stupid. If it’s any consolation, I can somewhat relate (as in I was dating a gal back when I was about 20 and was once asked to leave her uncle’s house while she was lectured for bringing a white hombre over).

And there I thought you played for the other team!!! ;D LOL.

Sometimes teams make substitutions and trades.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

LOL Pirate, my ex isn't gay, but people do tease him about him and his friends.

Steuss, someone put you out of their house? Dude! To be honest, the people I thought would give me the most crap (family) have not at all. Mom adores him. And he's so psyched about that. We got an invitation to the summer house for Memorial Day weekend. Should've seen his end zone dance, it was cute.

People have issues. I feel better now, but am experiencing a massive nosebleed at the moment...don't like toilet paper in my schnoz...

I told my former friend that if his buddy were to contact me again, I'd press charges for harassment. I mean, you call me, don't tell me who it is for a few minutes, have me all scared, and then start on some tangent about the evils of white people? Ok...

Pirate, I love your off topic-ness...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

GIMR wrote:[...]
Steuss, someone put you out of their house? Dude!

They were fairly polite when they asked me to leave (it was mainly her cousin who wanted me gone), but they unfortunately didn't wait for me to be out of ear-shot before they started reaming my then quasi-girlfriend. Spilt milk.

To be honest, the people I thought would give me the most crap (family) have not at all. Mom adores him. And he's so psyched about that. We got an invitation to the summer house for Memorial Day weekend. Should've seen his end zone dance, it was cute.

That's fantastic! I wish I could have seen his "end zone dance," but being white, I doubt it was "cute." ;-)

...and then start on some tangent about the evils of white people

To be fair, someone has to do it.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Well, I guess this is the off topic forum. ;)

Stuess I was only joking, I was just testing if it was really a rumour or not.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Well, I guess this is the off topic forum. ;)

Stuess I was only joking, I was just testing if it was really a rumour or not.

The rumor that I'm gay?

We'll just put it this way: I make Andy Dick look like Vin Diesel.