Maybe there is a God after all

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Maybe there is a God after all

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 pm
If you had googled that question instead of just posting it here, you would already know that...
He didn't bother to google it for the same reason he'll ignore what you just posted ("ignore" being the root word of ignorant).

He doesn't ask serious questions... actually, let me amend that. He doesn't ask questions seriously.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:05 pm
What percent of people who get Covid wind up in the hospital?
I never thought I'd see someone attempt to use the Socratic method to make people stupid, but, there it is. Now that Gunnar has answered Xanax's insanely retarded questions he'll just pivot and goldfish out some other alt-Right talking point as soon as he scrolls through Parler, Stormfront, or Breitbart today.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:24 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 pm
If you had googled that question instead of just posting it here, you would already know that...
He didn't bother to google it for the same reason he'll ignore what you just posted ("ignore" being the root word of ignorant).

He doesn't ask serious questions... actually, let me amend that. He doesn't ask questions seriously.
Yes. With ajax's posting history it is awfully hard to avoid concluding that he is willfully ignorant and proud of it!
Last edited by Gunnar on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

http://ww11.doh.state.Florida.us/comm/_partn ... latest.pdf

It says only 4% of all cases in Florida resulted in hospitalizations. Only 2% of all cases resulted in death. The number of Covid deaths in school age children is <100 nationwide. That's almost zero.

If you want to lock down and kill your state economy, go for it. But don't expect us to pay for your cowardice and laziness.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:15 pm
http://ww11.doh.state.Florida.us/comm/_partn ... latest.pdf

It says only 4% of all cases in Florida resulted in hospitalizations. Only 2% of all cases resulted in death. The number of Covid deaths in school age children is <100 nationwide. That's almost zero.

If you want to lock down and kill your state economy, go for it. But don't expect us to pay for your cowardice and laziness.
When I tried to click on that site I got a warning that it was not a secure site. I don't trust it. Neither do I trust DeSantis' handling and reporting of the Covid-19 situation in Florida.

While national media outlets are favorably comparing Florida to other states, local news covered the DeSantis administration’s record of cover-ups, secrecy, and scandals during the pandemic
Some national news outlets, including the right-wing propaganda outlet Fox News, have recently been gushing over Florida’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. But Florida-based media are telling a different story, reporting on numerous cover-ups, scandals, and instances of manipulated data from Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis and his administration, as well as repeated cases of DeSantis and a spokesperson personally pushing COVID-19 misinformation.
DeSantis and his administration have been covering up and hiding information about the pandemic from the Florida public in so many instances and for so long that, honestly, it’s difficult to summarize. This timeline of “Florida’s pattern of secrecy about COVID-19” that the South Florida Sun Sentinel published in December barely scratches the surface:

February 2020: Florida health agencies refused to release information about the amount of people being monitored or tested for coronavirus, and their locations, until March.

In March, Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration refused for weeks to release the names of elder-care facilities which had reported infections, or the number of infections.

In April, news organizations were forced to file a lawsuit when the state refused to provide the number of COVID-19 deaths at these facilities. It took over a month for Florida to begin releasing this information.

At the same time, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement “refused requests to release the name, age, ethnicity and other information about the people who died of COVID-19,” prompting more legal pressure from local news outlets.

In May, the Florida Department of Corrections refused to publicly disclose inmates’ test results, or which prisons had COVID-19 deaths.
In July, Florida still had not been releasing daily COVID-19 hospitalization numbers. The Sun Sentinel reported that “Florida was one of the last three states to release that information” when it finally began to do so.

In August and September, DeSantis’ administration “refused to make public a report that showed the number of infections in counties that had resumed in-person classes.” Florida published the report at the end of the month, but then removed it the next day. According to the Sun Sentinel, “It took a full month and prodding by parents, teachers, educational organizations and the media for health officials to release the school report on Sept. 29.”

In October, the Sun Sentinel reported, local news organizations’ lawyers “made repeated requests for information about cases in day-care centers.” Florida’s Department of Health responded in mid-November that “it does not intend to publish any day-care COVID numbers.”

And in November, according to the Sun Sentinel, DeSantis’ office refused to provide that month’s White House Coronavirus Task Force reports to local news organizations that requested them. The White House had said they could be made public but left the decision to the states.

There are many, many more Florida media stories detailing how DeSantis and his administration covered up the true scale of the pandemic in the state.
In short, DeSantis is another Trump sycophant, and there is more than adequate justification to be skeptical of much of what he claims.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:06 pm
" Their death is a blessing to society" is something you would've heard coming out of the mouth of a Nazi back in the day.
Another fail.

The difference between Schmo’s sentiment and what a Nazi would say is that Schmo is pointing out that some folks are willing to kill themselves out of ignorance and hatred, whereas Nazis are willing to kill other people out of ignorance and hatred.

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

In short, DeSantis is another Trump sycophant, and there is more than adequate justification to be skeptical of much of what he claims.
Yeah well there's plenty of reason for me not to trust the Chinese controlled CDC as well.

I supposedly got COVID, no symptoms. I got the vaccine. No symptoms. Unfortunately for all of you, I and 99.96% of those like me are still alive and actively seeking to liberate the working population from your great welfare society. As politicians like DeSantis gain traction, your fear of being forced to return the work force will become more justified every day.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:09 pm
Yeah well there's plenty of reason for me not to trust the Chinese controlled CDC as well.

I supposedly got COVID, no symptoms. I got the vaccine. No symptoms. Unfortunately for all of you, I and 99.96% of those like me are still alive and actively seeking to liberate the working population from your great welfare society. As politicians like DeSantis gain traction, your fear of being forced to return the work force will become more justified every day.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I just found out tonight that a Trump-supporting restaurant owner and chef I know (a real douche bag) refused to get vaccinated. He and his two primary cooks all came down with COVID this week, and because they're all out, he has to close his restaurant for a couple weeks. He's pissed, especially since he can't taste or smell anything right now, a couple of pretty vital senses for a chef.

I can't think of anyone I know more deserving. I have zero sympathy for him. This is what happens when you're idiotic faith takes precedence over science.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

https://Twitter.com/caincovidaward

Here is someone keeping up with all the dying antivaxxers.