Maybe there is a God after all

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

Maybe there is a God after all

Post by Icarus »

Atlanticmike
God

Re: Maybe there is a God after all

Post by Atlanticmike »

For you to use the death of fellow Americans so you could start a thread just to say they are probably Trump supporters is probably the most disgusting thing I've seen on this forum so far.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Ah yes, the old feigning outrage by Trumpublicans who get so triggered by basic facts as a deflection, but have no concern with the dozens of crimes committed by their orange Lord and Savior.

The fact is people are dying because of Republican ignorance. At CPAC Republicans broke out in applause when they found out Biden's vaccination goals were not met. The funny thing is, he was on pace to meet that goal until FOX News caught wind of it and did everything in their power to make sure the Trump base avoided the vaccine. Killing hundreds of fellow Trump voters was a price they were willing to pay just to "own the libs" for a moment.

Look at the election map and then look at the same map with vaccination rates. The states with the lowest rates are overwhelmingly Red states that went strongly for Trump.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:36 am
For you to use the death of fellow Americans so you could start a thread just to say they are probably Trump supporters is probably the most disgusting thing I've seen on this forum so far.
A story, told in two parts.

Part I:

Part II:

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Atlanticmike wrote:
No! The most disgusting thing found on this forum is those who despite all the damning evidence of his narcissism and corruption still cling to the delusion that Trump was a good President, and that he by rights should still be President.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hey, this is interesting, and highlights a better example of ‘disgusting’ behavior, too:

https://www.businessinsider.com/tpusa-d ... ath-2020-7

A synopsis:
Pro-Trump youth group TPUSA deleted a tweet mocking protective masks after its cofounder died of the coronavirus

Tom Porter Jul 30, 2020, 5:22 AM

The conservative youth group Turning Point USA deleted a tweet with a Nicolas Cage meme mocking people wearing protective masks.
The tweet was deleted after the group's cofounder Bill Montgomery died at 80 of complications related to COVID-19.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:11 am
At CPAC Republicans broke out in applause when they found out Biden's vaccination goals were not met.
It does seem that many on the far right look to liberals to believe the opposite of what ever they believe. Even if it gets them killed.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Here’s some ‘disgusting’ behavior … instigating conflict with various states headed by Governors that Trump didn’t like, in the midst of a pandemic.

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Whiny little bitch.

Of course they were Trump supporters. They're the only morons resistant to common sense. Of course they're anti-vaccine.

I have no problem saying people who refuse to get vaccinated get what's coming to them. It's their Darwin award for being damned stupid assholes. Their death is a blessing to society. We don't need assholes walking around with a preventable virus, infecting others who are trying to take care of themselves. I'm totally fine with the idiots offing themselves. They're too stupid to live.

Now you can revel in disgust, ya damned liar.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I agree that those foolish enough to oppose vaccination and following the recommendations of the overwhelming majority of scientists and health professionals to avoid unnecessary exposure to this virus are appropriate candidates for the Darwin award. Those who continue to push others to ignore those recommendations deserve to be indicted for being accessories to murder, at least! And I don't think that is the least bit hyperbolic!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.