Maybe there is a God after all

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Maybe there is a God after all

Post by MeDotOrg »

Anonymous wrote: "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord", sayeth those who find a divine hand in human tragedy.
This isn't God. It's biology.

I know the title of the OP is a little tongue in cheek, but a lot of the anti-vaxxers that get Covid will end up in a hospital, putting a lot of other people at risk. If you're going to be the rugged individualist and not get vaccinated, shouldn't you accept the consequences? Don't go to the hospital. You're asking science to bail you out after you said you didn't believe in science.
Last edited by MeDotOrg on Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 am
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:36 am
For you to use the death of fellow Americans so you could start a thread just to say they are probably Trump supporters is probably the most disgusting thing I've seen on this forum so far.
Whiny little bitch.

Of course they were Trump supporters. They're the only morons resistant to common sense. Of course they're anti-vaccine.

I have no problem saying people who refuse to get vaccinated get what's coming to them. It's their Darwin award for being stupid stupid assholes. Their death is a blessing to society. We don't need assholes walking around with a preventable virus, infecting others who are trying to take care of themselves. I'm totally fine with the idiots offing themselves. They're too stupid to live.

Now you can revel in disgust, ya stupid liar.
You said ," their death is a blessing to society". Man its easy to expose how hateful you progressives really are. " Their death is a blessing to society" is something you would've heard coming out of the mouth of a Nazi back in the day. It's almost as if being a progressive you have to check your compassion at the door. I mean, you being the only man so far to use the word Cxxt on this forum you will probably never understand what I'm talking about.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Here's a clip of another progressive saying "let them die" because certain people don't agree with progressive views. Again, same mentality as the Nazis. Progressives are racist, intolerant, assholes.

https://youtu.be/v_32zkuxDbw
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I know the title of the opening post is a little tongue in cheek, but a lot of the anti-vaxxers that get Covid will end up in a hospital, putting a lot of other people at risk. If you're going to be the rugged individualist and not get vaccinated, shouldn't you accept the consequences? Don't to to the hospital. You're asking science to bail you out after you said you didn't believe in science.
What percent of people who get Covid wind up in the hospital?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:06 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 am

Whiny little bitch.

Of course they were Trump supporters. They're the only morons resistant to common sense. Of course they're anti-vaccine.

I have no problem saying people who refuse to get vaccinated get what's coming to them. It's their Darwin award for being stupid stupid assholes. Their death is a blessing to society. We don't need assholes walking around with a preventable virus, infecting others who are trying to take care of themselves. I'm totally fine with the idiots offing themselves. They're too stupid to live.

Now you can revel in disgust, ya stupid liar.
You said ," their death is a blessing to society". Man its easy to expose how hateful you progressives really are. " Their death is a blessing to society" is something you would've heard coming out of the mouth of a Nazi back in the day. It's almost as if being a progressive you have to check your compassion at the door. I mean, you being the only man so far to use the word Cxxt on this forum you will probably never understand what I'm talking about.
So let me get this straight, the lives of people recklessly causing the deaths of thousands of innocents, should be considered sacred? They're murdering people via ignorance and people like you are enabling them. It isn't a stretch to say society is better off without ignorant murderers recklessly infecting others with compromised immune systems.

But you're probably in full support of the death penalty as a right wing principle, especially since the majority of those killed by the State are black.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:06 pm
You're a damned moron, not to mention a mendacious cunt. That's right: you're a cunt.

Nazi hate was based on BS. Hate for people who refuse to get vaccinated, people walking around like a germ factory potentially killing other people, is completely reasonable. This isn't about a point of view. It's about science. I don't want other people's deadly damned germs, and if they refuse to something about it, or worse, encourage others not to do anything about it, they are a mortal menace to society and deserve to die.

I make no apologies for these damned selfish idiots.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:06 pm
Here's a clip of another progressive saying "let them die" because certain people don't agree with progressive views. Again, same mentality as the Nazis. Progressives are racist, intolerant, assholes.

https://youtu.be/v_32zkuxDbw
That's not what she said, and I didn't even have to watch to know this. All I had to see was the Fake News symbol at the bottom of the screen. FOX cannot be honest about anything and it loves to take clips out of context and then tell their audience how it should make them outraged. You truly are an idiot.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

I'm not even sure how anyone can be upset when many of these idiots take the position that Jesus is their vaccine and if they die, then it is just God's will.

Jesus Is Our Vaccine

So fine, more power to you. Die already and stop spreading a deadly virus.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m 100% on board with alt-Right types, Trumptards, ant-vaxxers, and cultists foregoing any vaccinations. They should live their truth.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:05 pm
I know the title of the opening post is a little tongue in cheek, but a lot of the anti-vaxxers that get Covid will end up in a hospital, putting a lot of other people at risk. If you're going to be the rugged individualist and not get vaccinated, shouldn't you accept the consequences? Don't to to the hospital. You're asking science to bail you out after you said you didn't believe in science.
What percent of people who get Covid wind up in the hospital?
If you had googled that question instead of just posting it here, you would already know that:
Up to 1 in 5 younger adults in the U.S. infected with coronavirus wind up in the hospital, according to a new analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC looked at more than 2,400 cases of COVID-19 in the United States over the past month in the analysis released Wednesday.

It found that coronavirus patients over 85 had the highest death rate with 10% to 27% dying from the disease. That’s similar to data from China that indicates a majority of deaths are in people over 60, according to the CDC.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 21151.html
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.