New Book Proves more Treason from Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: New Book Proves more Treason from Trump

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:57 am
I don't see how any historically well-informed person can reasonably preclude the probability that Trump was deliberately trying to follow Hitler's playbook (albeit clumsily, fortunately) for how how to become an absolute despot.
That's the thing. If you are well-informed, you will never don a MAGA hat (unless ironically). Being massively ignorant and tragically misinformed is pretty much a prerequisite for anyone in the Trump cult.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:45 pm
Gunnar wrote:
I don't see how any historically well-informed person can reasonably preclude the probability that Trump was deliberately trying to follow Hitler's playbook (albeit clumsily, fortunately) for how how to become an absolute despot.
That's the thing. If you are well-informed, you will never don a MAGA hat (unless ironically). Being massively ignorant and tragically misinformed is pretty much a prerequisite for anyone in the Trump cult.
You might as well just call them all a bunch of cxxts, you know you want to. Cmon, c'mon, you know you want to!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
Sadly so. :(
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:51 pm
Some Schmo wrote:

You might as well just call them all a bunch of cxxts, you know you want to. Cmon, c'mon, you know you want to!
Just calling them willfully and dangerously ignorant suffices, as far as I'm concerned.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:25 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:51 pm
Just calling them willfully and dangerously ignorant suffices, as far as I'm concerned.
Once the MAGAs start the Congress fire we will all suffer, especially those with known democracy sympathies in the vassal lands of Trumpmania, the New Confederacy, and the Kingdom of Deseret.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:05 am
The way you describe this it sounds like when the Congress was set on fire the people in these places suffered for real because Facebook told the MAGAs they sympathized with democracy.
The Congress fire was in reference to the Reichstag fire that ended German democracy and propelled the German Chancellor into a permanent dictator for life position. The MAGA movement wants to end democracy in this country and put Trump into that dictator for life position.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:32 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:05 am
The way you describe this it sounds like when the Congress was set on fire the people in these places suffered for real because Facebook told the MAGAs they sympathized with democracy.
The Congress fire was in reference to the Reichstag fire that ended German democracy and propelled the German Chancellor into a permanent dictator for life position. The MAGA movement wants to end democracy in this country and put Trump into that dictator for life position.
It is beginning to become apparent that:

(a) Cultellus is a troll.

(b) He is neither a very intelligent troll nor an amusing troll.

A disappointment all round, in fact.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:17 pm
It is beginning to become apparent that:

(a) Cultellus is a troll.

(b) He is neither a very intelligent troll nor an amusing troll.

A disappointment all round, in fact.
I must be missing something. Of course, I never read any of the Kingdom threads, so maybe he's made comments there to prompt this.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:08 pm
Of course, I never read any of the Kingdom threads, so maybe he's made comments there to prompt this.
I've read that Ajax also uses that method.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:20 pm
I did not realize that so many people voted to end Democracy …
They just waited until Jan 6 to show their true feelings.