New Book Proves more Treason from Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

New Book Proves more Treason from Trump

Post by Icarus »

Revelations from a new book detail how a top General took steps to prevent Trump from attempting a coup. The CIA, FBI and all branches of military met to discuss how to stop him. He also compared to to Hitler! Trump Preached ‘Gospel of the Führer’ General Milley said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-us- ... ies-2021-7

Remember last year Marine General James Mattis said Trump represented a threat to the Constitution. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... on/612640/

'Reichstag moment': Joint Chiefs chairman feared Trump was laying groundwork for coup https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 975643002/

In other news, two Trump supporters Plotted to Kill Democrats and Journalists https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/10168448 ... c-building
Atlanticmike
God

Re: New Book Proves more Treason from Trump

Post by Atlanticmike »

Hey look!!! Somebody wrote a book, it must be true! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Are you sure you're not Mormon??
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:37 pm
Hey look!!! Somebody wrote a book, it must be true! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Are you sure you're not Mormon??
A book that quotes the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who verified its content. If it was lying about anything, surely he would have said something by now. Maybe you should read books instead of gluing your face to youtube like a damned toddler.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The Shah of Iran took power in a coup against Mohammad Mosaddegh. The Shah may have taken power, but he really didn't take part. The coup was engineered largely by the British and Americans (Teddy Roosevelt's grandson was point man in Tehran). The Shah had been hiding out in Rome during the revolution and had to be retrieved by the CIA.

I'm just pointing out that the inability to engineer a coup doesn't mean you can't rise to power in one.

I don't think Trump would know how to engineer a coup. His thinking is too tactical, never strategic. He lives in the transactional now, and doesn't have the acumen to look 4 or 5 moves ahead. He didn't have the backing of the military, the CIA or the FBI. What he DID have was the backing of a some Republicans and a lot of Alt-Right whack jobs. How could the coup have succeeded? There was no real plan other than stopping the counting of the electoral votes.

Every major crisis in our history produces a flurry of books. Although he doesn't like to read them, Trump will produce a forest of books. What we're getting right now are some first drafts of history. We actually don't know a good chunk of the story, which is still to be written by the courts of SDNY, the City and State of New York, the District of Columbia, et al. So much of what we talk about is alleged, not yet proven in a court of law.

A lot of what I want to know is EXACTLY what transpired, minute by minute, from the time Trump left the stage to the time additional troops were authorized. I would love to hear his explanation of his actions, not on OAN, but under oath with penalty of perjury.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I do not think people expressing fear of Trump is the same as proof of treason. It is not a pretty picture. It presents reasons to view Trump with concern. Well we have all seen these things publicly. Still the title of the tread seems overblown I think.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:50 am
I do not think people expressing fear of Trump is the same as proof of treason. It is not a pretty picture. It presents reasons to view Trump with concern. Well we have all seen these things publicly. Still the title of the tread seems overblown I think.
When the top generals are accusing the President of threatening a coup while preaching Hitleresque mantra, that's pretty much treason.

Of course this is consistent with everything we've ever heard from anyone who worked closely with Trump but then left because of ethical reasons. Rex Tillerson said he was constantly advising Trump not to do this and not to do that because it was illegal, but Trump wasn't concerned about legality when it came to furthering his autocratic aspirations.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:37 pm
The above comment comes courtesy of the guy who only posts random YouTube and TikTok videos as ‘proofs’, because … they must be true ..? : D

(I appreciate the way that you delegitimize yourself so consistently, at least.)
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:18 am
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:50 am
When the top generals are accusing the President of threatening a coup while preaching Hitleresque mantra, that's pretty much treason.

Of course this is consistent with everything we've ever heard from anyone who worked closely with Trump but then left because of ethical reasons. Rex Tillerson said he was constantly advising Trump not to do this and not to do that because it was illegal, but Trump wasn't concerned about legality when it came to furthering his autocratic aspirations.
I suppose there was a threat of treason. Unfulfilled. That leaves the Trump presidency as an infected boil on the face of America.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:23 am
I suppose there was a threat of treason. Unfulfilled. That leaves the Trump presidency as an infected boil on the face of America.
The treason was fulfilled. Just because it didn't work as well as intended doesn't mean the treason didn't happen. Trump is still acting against the best interests of this country.

He should be shot and pissed on (in that order. If he were alive when he's pissed on, he'll enjoy it).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gen Mark Milley's comparison of the Jan 6 insurrection to Hitler's Reichstag arson attack in 1933 that led to his absolute despotic control of Germany was right on!
Shortly before the deadly attack on the US Capitol on 6 January, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, Gen Mark Milley, told aides the US was facing a “Reichstag moment” because Donald Trump was preaching “the gospel of the Führer”, according to an eagerly awaited book about Trump’s last year in office
I don't see how any historically well-informed person can reasonably preclude the probability that Trump was deliberately trying to follow Hitler's playbook (albeit clumsily, fortunately) for how how to become an absolute despot.
Last edited by Gunnar on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.