Welcome to the Progressive country of Chaz!!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Welcome to the Progressive country of Chaz!!!

Post by Chap »

You've seen the board rule that basically says 'Don't link and run ... if it ain't worth describing, it ain't worth posting'?

Try obeying it if you want to make a point here that people will attend to.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:47 pm
Chap wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:35 pm
You've seen the board rule that basically says 'Don't link and run ... if it ain't worth describing, it ain't worth posting'?

Try obeying it if you want to make a point here that people will attend to.
Where are the rules?

Can she run first, then link?
Click open any forum of your choice. Look up. They're at the top.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I hope a GQP strategist doesn’t read this article and get the idea to start calling all the homeless encampments ‘Bidenvilles’. The DNC employed a good strategy of leveraging the press to coin the ‘Hooverville’ term, which they use to this day (I doubt anyone other than the press and political operatives actually called a shanty town a Hooverville). This just goes to show you how determined Leftists and Liberals are when they create and maintain a narrative that’s literally meant to influence public opinion. It feels greasy.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:03 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Click open any forum of your choice. Look up. They're at the top.
Perfume can't cover up my sweat. I work that damned hard.
You asked where the board rules were. I told you.

Piss. off.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:31 am
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:03 pm
Perfume can't cover up my sweat. I work that damned hard.
You asked where the board rules were. I told you.

Piss. off.
A tad sensitive, are we?

WTF offended you in that post?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:06 pm
I hope a GQP strategist doesn’t read this article and get the idea to start calling all the homeless encampments ‘Bidenvilles’. The DNC employed a good strategy of leveraging the press to coin the ‘Hooverville’ term, which they use to this day (I doubt anyone other than the press and political operatives actually called a shanty town a Hooverville). This just goes to show you how determined Leftists and Liberals are when they create and maintain a narrative that’s literally meant to influence public opinion. It feels greasy.

- Doc
My point was not the name Hooverville. My point was that an unregulated stock market led to the biggest crash and burn in U.S. history. Hoover's laissez-faire prosperity is just around the corner was wishful thinking.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:32 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:06 pm

- Doc
My point was not the name Hooverville. My point was that an unregulated stock market led to the biggest crash and burn in U.S. history. Hoover's laissez-faire prosperity is just around the corner was wishful thinking.
I understood your point. I just felt like commenting on the propaganda that was successfully employed by Leftists to help get Hoover out of office, and that they continue to use it this day, which I find interesting.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

[MODERATOR NOTE: AtlanticMike, universal rule #10 of this message board reads,
  • Do not EVER "link-and-run." If you post a link to something, always explain what's at the other end of the link, why it's important, and what you hope other readers / viewers learn from it. RULE OF THUMB: If it's not worth your time to describe it, then it's not worth our time to click on it.

Please integrate that rule posthaste.]
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024