The House of Blues (for Gaz)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Giving this thread a bump in case anyones going to be in vegas on the 24th.

Looking forward to the show.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Went last night to see the show !

Novelty Act came on third, after a guy from New York and two blondes with a flute. They were great ! The best act of the night by far. I could only stay for the first three songs, then I had to get home and get to bed. They didn't make it to the stage until 10:00, and I had to get up at 2:30 to go to work. As usual, the House of Blues was agreat place to see a concert. The room was well decorated, with a giant tree in the center back that offered light to the room from lanterns hanging at various places in the branchs.

Got to meet Dr. Steuss before the show, I went into the green room and introduced myself. I say this in the most heterosexual way possible, but the rumors are true, he is a handsome man. He stated that he needs a break from the board because the feelings of contention are starting to get to him and he needs a breather. He hopes to get a CD of his band together soon, they were the only ones there last night without one to sell at the autograph table after the show.

The band had a great sound, with Steuss's saxaphone giving the whole thing a unique tone. The shy lead singer I had met backstage came out of his shell behind the microphone and really got into his frontman role. They played tight and were very professional. I was a zombie at work this morning, but had a very good time meeting the good Dr.

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Gazelam wrote:Went last night to see the show !

Novelty Act came on third, after a guy from New York and two blondes with a flute. They were great ! The best act of the night by far. I could only stay for the first three songs, then I had to get home and get to bed. They didn't make it to the stage until 10:00, and I had to get up at 2:30 to go to work. As usual, the House of Blues was agreat place to see a concert. The room was well decorated, with a giant tree in the center back that offered light to the room from lanterns hanging at various places in the branchs.

Got to meet Dr. Steuss before the show, I went into the green room and introduced myself. I say this in the most heterosexual way possible, but the rumors are true, he is a handsome man. He stated that he needs a break from the board because the feelings of contention are starting to get to him and he needs a breather. He hopes to get a CD of his band together soon, they were the only ones there last night without one to sell at the autograph table after the show.

The band had a great sound, with Steuss's saxaphone giving the whole thing a unique tone. The shy lead singer I had met backstage came out of his shell behind the microphone and really got into his frontman role. They played tight and were very professional. I was a zombie at work this morning, but had a very good time meeting the good Dr.

Gaz

Thank you for coming (really). I can’t believe you did when you had to be up for work that stinking early (or late[?]). It was great meeting you, and as for the “rumors” being true… the lighting was crappy and you were obviously drunk. ;-)

Thank you again for making it out. Perhaps one day we will have something to peddle. The guy that runs the event came up to me right after we were done playing (literally right after… we were all still on stage) and told me that he really enjoyed our music and that he wanted us back, so maybe one day we’ll play when you don’t have to be up for work in the wee hours.

-Stu
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski