Could you pass the US Citizenship Test?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Could you pass the US Citizenship Test?

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

Are you a commie, a mutant, or a traitor? The Computer wants you to take the test, citizen. Trust The Computer. The Computer is Your Friend.

19/20 here. Couldn't remember off the top of my head how man Representatives are in the House of Representatives currently.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

I got 18 right, got Susan B. Anthony confused with someone else and couldn't remember who was the Chief Justice.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I got 75%.

I missed the number of amendments to the Constitution, How many years a senator is elected for, Who takes office if both the president and vice president are killed, the name of the Chief Justice, and what Susan B Anthony did.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

20/20 I rule.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_JonasS
_Emeritus

Post by _JonasS »

I can't even do a British Citezen[sp?] ship test never mind a US one.

I was going to post a link for the UK practice tests, but my forum thing is down, dang. There are loads of questions in that. And some are very hard.

You answered 40% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

Scroll down to see answers for each question. Also, please let us know what you think about the quiz. The feedback is appreciated.

1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
Correct
Thomas Jefferson

2. When was the Constitution written?
1774 is not correct.

3. What are the first words of the Constitution?
Correct
We the People

4. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
Correct
The Bill of Rights

5. Which of the following is NOT a right outlined in the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence?
Correct
Right to bear arms

6. Which one of these is a right guaranteed by the First Amendment?
Right to happiness is not correct.
Freedom of the press

7. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
23 is not correct.

8. Why does the United States flag have 13 stripes?
Correct
They represent the 13 original colonies

9. Which of these was NOT among the original states?
Delaware is not correct.
Maine

10. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
Vermont is not correct.
Louisiana

11. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. Which of the following is NOT a federal power?
To declare war is not correct.
To provide education

12. Which of the following is NOT one of the three branches of the government?
Executive is not correct.
Federal

13. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
365 is not correct.

14. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
4 is not correct.

15. In what month do we vote for President?
February is not correct.
November

16. If both the President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
President Pro Tempore of the Senate is not correct.
The Speaker of the House

17. Who was president during World War I?
Correct
Woodrow Wilson

18. How many justices are there on the U.S. Supreme Court?
3 is not correct.

19. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States?

Correct
John G. Roberts, Jr

20. What did Susan B. Anthony do?

Correct
Fought for women’s rights
"HOW DARE YOU KEEP US WAITING!!!!! I demand you post right this very instant or I'll... I'll... I'll hold my breath until I slump over and bang my head against the keyboard resulting in me posting something along the lines of "SR Wphgohbrfg76hou7wbn.xdf87e4iubnaelghe45auhnea4iunh eb9uih t4e9h eibn z"! "-- Angus McAwesome (Jul 21/08 11:51 pm)
_JonasS
_Emeritus

Post by _JonasS »

I don't think I did too bad actually considering I have only studied WW1, The Russian Revolutions and Scottish history as History topics.
"HOW DARE YOU KEEP US WAITING!!!!! I demand you post right this very instant or I'll... I'll... I'll hold my breath until I slump over and bang my head against the keyboard resulting in me posting something along the lines of "SR Wphgohbrfg76hou7wbn.xdf87e4iubnaelghe45auhnea4iunh eb9uih t4e9h eibn z"! "-- Angus McAwesome (Jul 21/08 11:51 pm)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

95%! Woo-hoo!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

Nice spoiler for the entire test there, Jonas... Dickhead...
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Canucklehead
_Emeritus

Post by _Canucklehead »

70% (14/20) - not bad for a Canadian who's never lived in the US.

P.S. I obviously didn't look at Jonas' answers before taking it.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Canucklehead wrote:70% (14/20) - not bad for a Canadian who's never lived in the US.

P.S. I obviously didn't look at Jonas' answers before taking it.

Ah, but you get American TV so you are in the know. by the way, I can name all the Provinces and Territories of Canada. ;-)
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace