MLB All-Star Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

All-Star game - lame or really lame?

Total votes: 0

_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

MLB All-Star Game

Post by _skippy the dead »

Is it lame, or really lame?

(I'm watching it anyways. It is baseball, after all.)
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

I'm watching it too. Go American League!! I voted really lame, though the home run derby last night was kind of fun.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

silentkid wrote:I'm watching it too. Go American League!! I voted really lame, though the home run derby last night was kind of fun.

Missed that - looked like it was good. Will Hamilton now be bitten by the HR Derby curse?

I suppose the game would be better if the announcers STFU and they didn't spend so much time on things that aren't the actual game.

And go NL!
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

skippy the dead wrote:I suppose the game would be better if the announcers STFU and they didn't spend so much time on things that aren't the actual game.

I've gotten to the point where I watch sports on mute. I hate hearing the same commentary over and over.* I put a CD on and listen to music instead.

*Kind of like the repetitive rantings of one of our favorite posters. To mix metaphors, you can't teach a broken record new tricks.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

silentkid wrote:
skippy the dead wrote:I suppose the game would be better if the announcers STFU and they didn't spend so much time on things that aren't the actual game.

I've gotten to the point where I watch sports on mute. I hate hearing the same commentary over and over.* I put a CD on and listen to music instead.

*Kind of like the repetitive rantings of one of our favorite posters. To mix metaphors, you can't teach a broken record new tricks.

It's wise to listen to FOX announcers on mute. I love my hometown announcers, though - I won't mute 'em.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Hello,

Well, at least the Major League Baseball All Star Game is better to watch, than the NFL Pro-Bowl Game is in February in Hawaii.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

silentkid wrote:Go American League!!

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm switching who I'm rooting for. There are far too many Yankees and Red Sox players and not enough A's players on the AL team. Therefore, go National League!!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I haven't watched an All Star game since that one game ended in a tie. Let them play! Let them play!

My innocence was lost after that...
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

silentkid wrote:
silentkid wrote:Go American League!!

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm switching who I'm rooting for. There are far too many Yankees and Red Sox players and not enough A's players on the AL team. Therefore, go National League!!

Yay!
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Bond...James Bond wrote:I haven't watched an All Star game since that one game ended in a tie. Let them play! Let them play!

My innocence was lost after that...

That moment only further emphasized Bud Selig's general asshattery.