Will It Blend? iPhone 3G

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Angus wrote:These days most people don't seem to care if their phone (or pretty much anything else they buy) is the most capable product they can get for their money as long as it's pretty and shiny. Those people I usually refer to as "morons".

Time for a new sig. LOL
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

liz3564 wrote:
Angus wrote:These days most people don't seem to care if their phone (or pretty much anything else they buy) is the most capable product they can get for their money as long as it's pretty and shiny. Those people I usually refer to as "morons".

Time for a new sig. LOL

AWESOME sig ya go there, Miss Liz. I wonder who's the dynamic, exciting, and all around swell guy that wrote that...

Oh, right...
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Angus McAwesome wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Time for a new sig. LOL

AWESOME sig ya go there, Miss Liz. I wonder who's the dynamic, exciting, and all around swell guy that wrote that...

Oh, right...

I thought you might appreciate that. LOL

I must admit, though, Agnus, I do want an iPhone! ;)
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

liz3564 wrote:
Angus McAwesome wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Time for a new sig. LOL

Oh, right...

I thought you might appreciate that. LOL

I must admit, though, Agnus, I do want an iPhone! ;)
Awww to late Liz! I just sold my first gen iPhone for $250 to a college student. I put it on craigslist and it was sold in less than two hours.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Boaz wrote:Awww to late Liz! I just sold my first gen iPhone for $250 to a college student. I put it on craigslist and it was sold in less than two hours.

That's OK. I'm going to just bide my time through my crap phone contract with SunCom. Then, I can go to a new service free and clear. By next year, the iPhone will have probably come down in price, or they will have come out with something even cooler. LOL
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:I must admit, though, Agnus, I do want an iPhone! ;)

That's ok, Miss Liz. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a good product. The only real downside to owning one is getting locked into a contract with AT&T Wireless, which is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had with a telecom provider. My main points in this thread are 1. Apple's iPhone 3G isn't even close to being the pinnacle of technology that it's fans make it out to be, and 2. there are several phones on the market with as much or better capability that have been available longer.

liz3564 wrote:By next year, the iPhone will have probably come down in price, or they will have come out with something even cooler. LOL

By next year Apple will release an iPhone with as much capability as the Nokia N96 which comes out next month, which I'll be taking my N95 in to Verizon transferring all of my data over to the new phone, verify that the memory of my old phone is wiped, and go about my merry way with something that's smaller, lighter, and even more capable then what I've got now.

That's Apple for you, always behind the power curve.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Angus McAwesome wrote:My N95 can take high quality pictures thanks to a 5mp camera with autofocus, 20x zoom, and built in flash.

My N95 can record MPEG4 video at 30fps.

My N95 can playback MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, and WMA audio formats. . . (I can download iTunes to my phone, by the way).

My N95 will do video playback in MPEG-4, .m4v, H.264/AVC, H.263/3GPP, RealVideo 8/9/10, and WMV.

How the Hell do you learn how to use all those features? I've looked at my stepdaughter's instruction manual that came with her phone--whatever the Hell make and model that is--and the thing was like a college textbook.

So, once again, how is it done?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:How the Hell do you learn how to use all those features? I've looked at my stepdaughter's instruction manual that came with her phone--whatever the Hell make and model that is--and the thing was like a college textbook.

So, once again, how is it done?

Depends on the phone, really. Mostly it's a matter of knowing what your phone can do and then just playing with it until you figure it out.

Also bear in mind that just because my phone can do all of that doesn't mean I actually use all of those features. Think of it like owning a Corvette... Yeah, you've got a car that can do 180mph down the interstate any time you feel like laying the hammer down, but most of the time you're only going to do the speed limit. But it's nice to know that if you want to use it, the capability is there.