New Recordings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Yoda

New Recordings

Post by _Yoda »

Here are two new songs I recorded from the musical, "Spring Awakening".

Note to Angus...I know you weren't thrilled with the YouTube I sent you from the show, but indulge me and listen to these anyway. I think you'll like them. ;)

http://web.mac.com/escottmusicstudio/Si ... _Me_3.html

http://web.mac.com/escottmusicstudio/Si ... _Me_2.html
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

First link is dead.

Second one works though. All in all, I liked it. You got some pipes on you, Miss Liz. You got a great voice, low and breathy. You're use of vibrato has improved a lot from the last song you posted too. If you recorded yourself singing the phone book I could listen to it and I'd probably dig it.

You still recording with a single mic or were you using prerecorded instrumentals on this? Reason I ask is that the vocals at some points almost completely drown out the guitar. If you've only got the one mic, look into recording the tracks individually and then combining them in ProTools, otherwise, go invest in some more mics and a decent mixing board. . If it was a prerecorded track, might want to throttle back the vocal track for a better balance with the rest of the piece. Also, where did you record this? Because the vocals have a lot of reverb almost like you're in a cave or something. Try rigging up some heavy blankets or something and record yourself singing in that to muffle out any thing but your voice.

But yeah.. Good job, Miss Liz. Still waiting for you to throw down some Cole Porter.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Angus McAwesome wrote:First link is dead.

Second one works though. All in all, I liked it. You got some pipes on you, Miss Liz. You got a great voice, low and breathy. You're use of vibrato has improved a lot from the last song you posted too. If you recorded yourself singing the phone book I could listen to it and I'd probably dig it.

You still recording with a single mic or were you using prerecorded instrumentals on this? Reason I ask is that the vocals at some points almost completely drown out the guitar. If you've only got the one mic, look into recording the tracks individually and then combining them in ProTools, otherwise, go invest in some more mics and a decent mixing board. . If it was a prerecorded track, might want to throttle back the vocal track for a better balance with the rest of the piece. Also, where did you record this? Because the vocals have a lot of reverb almost like you're in a cave or something. Try rigging up some heavy blankets or something and record yourself singing in that to muffle out any thing but your voice.

But yeah.. Good job, Miss Liz. Still waiting for you to throw down some Cole Porter.

Thanks, Angus! :)

I fixed the first link. Try it now, and see if it works.

These were done with a prerecorded track, but I'm playing the background track on a CD behind me. Yes, I have the one mic. I'll adjust the reverb and see if that helps.

Yes, I need to invest in a decent mic. That will be next month's purchase. :)

I'll do some Cole Porter for you. I have to find my Cole Porter music. It's buried right now. I'm still organizing. LOL