The MAD-files: "I Want to Believe"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

The MAD-files: "I Want to Believe"

Post by _moksha »

It had been years since Agents Dan Peterson and Juliann Reynolds last appeared together on this board. These Agents had been assigned to the most mysterious department in the Church Hierarchy. Together they made up a unit known to a select few, who tread the Internet, as the MAD-files. They are aided time to time by another nameless Agent in a "small clipping service" who sends them leads. There are also other forces in this Hierarchy who wish to disband the MAD-files, fearing accidental exposure of certain alien collusions.

Their story is rich and varied, and so I am hoping that certain other enlightened posters can help expand on this ongoing saga...

The Truth is out there.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Noooooo....

I love the X Files! You can't have Julluan playing a hero in a series I like. LOL
_JonasS
_Emeritus

Post by _JonasS »

I don't think They would be the heros in this program. I don' see anything heroic about what they do.
"HOW DARE YOU KEEP US WAITING!!!!! I demand you post right this very instant or I'll... I'll... I'll hold my breath until I slump over and bang my head against the keyboard resulting in me posting something along the lines of "SR Wphgohbrfg76hou7wbn.xdf87e4iubnaelghe45auhnea4iunh eb9uih t4e9h eibn z"! "-- Angus McAwesome (Jul 21/08 11:51 pm)
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

liz3564 wrote:Noooooo....

I love the X Files! You can't have Julluan playing a hero in a series I like. LOL

I don't know. I lost respect for Scully. You'd think that after the fifth time it turned out that it was a monster or a supernatural event you wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand the next week. I wished Mulder was wrong more and Scully right more.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

An origin story

The MADfiles were created by a top secret collaboration between the creators of the Simpsons and the Knights of the LDS Roundtable, 23 apologists who have proven themselves truly committed by willingly jumping on a moronic apologetic argument. Dr. Peterson earned his stripes by diving on an dud Wisconsin horse skull. Mrs. Reynolds jumps on the ole "everything has been found" pineapple, and despite being blown to bits numerous times continues to piece herself back together like the T-1000 did in Terminator 2 Judgement Day. The purpose of the MADfiles is to dive into the underbelly of Mormon apologetics, because the truth is out there. Somewhere. Maybe.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Another group of characters who work behind the scenes of the MAD-files are the Lone Gunmen. They are not to be confused with the Three Nephites, who are much less nerdy and spiffier dressers too boot.

The intrepid members of the Lone Gunmen are simply known as Hamblin (called Hammy by his mother) who has unusual acrostic abilities and humor, Midgley who has the ability to interrogate and schlep with the best counterintelligence agents anywhere, and Gee who has unusual abilities to translate with his spiritual eyes and to coordinate favorable dissertation panels.

Together, Hamblin, Midgley and Gee help Agent Peterson solve many dilemmas.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

It had been years since Agents Dan Peterson and Juliann Reynolds last appeared together on this board. These Agents had been assigned to the most mysterious department in the Church Hierarchy. Together they made up a unit known to a select few, who tread the Internet, as the MAD-files. They are aided time to time by another nameless Agent in a "small clipping service" who sends them leads. There are also other forces in this Hierarchy who wish to disband the MAD-files, fearing accidental exposure of certain alien collusions.

Their story is rich and varied, and so I am hoping that certain other enlightened posters can help expand on this ongoing saga...

The Truth is out there.

They seem to have their opposite counterparts on this board and blogs. It's like watching Spy vs. Spy.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

"Once again, my PM box has practically been exploding with fascinating tidbits....."

wink wink
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mister Scratch wrote: This is a direct quote from a post of his on the FAIR/MAD board:

Daniel C. Peterson wrote:I was once sent out, a number of years ago, as a kind of "agent"of the Strengthening Church Members Committee. My mission? To try to help a member of the Church whose apostasy was threatening his marriage and causing anguish to his very active wife, children, and parents. (The wife and parents, and his stake president, has asked for help.) The weapons of choice? Talking with him for about four hours in Salt Lake City, in the presence of his wife and stake president, and recommending some readings."
(emphasis added)

As you can see, by his own admission, he was an "agent" of the SCMC.

I think he was more of an Agent of the MAD-files. The unnamed operative in the SCMC merely fed him this information. The four hours of talking was enough for Agent Peterson to work his magic and rectify this situation.