New Blog format

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

New Blog format

Post by _Roger Morrison »

I can see some advantages--i think--to the newies of the Blog. But I (my ego) do(es) miss the running tally of hits. Is that recorded where I'm just not seeing it? Is that something yet to be added again? Shouts, are they gone for good? The 2 new entry slots, their purpose? Thanks for the Blog feature, much appreciated.
Have you noticed what a beautiful day it is? Some can't...
"God": nick-name for the Universe...
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Re: New Blog format

Post by _Roger Morrison »

How do i get this to Keene's attention??
Have you noticed what a beautiful day it is? Some can't...
"God": nick-name for the Universe...
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Try posting some naked pictures of Bea Arthur in this thread. That should do it.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

But seriously Roger, with as much as you blog, have you given any thought to opening up a blog at WordPress or BlogSpot for free? The blogs here are a bit better now, but the free blogs there are still far superior. They have hits counters, lots of templates, categories, search features, etc. There might even be a way to move your old entries here to a new blog (though they might all say Dec 31 1969...).
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

Try and ask your local newspaper and they will provide the counts for you if you really need to know..So far..I don't really care how many people are htting my Blog cause I know they are..I am making Money for the FNP..which I don't care about cause I have my money and they can keep theirs..I would However like to go the Blog awards they do IN NYC next year...but again I will drive up there Myself..So maybe we will see you all there..But I am may somewhere else next year at that time..so who knows and who cares..I'm just saying..I love Arianna Huffington..by the way..Five words or less..she has already said what I would say so..
God has left the building and is staying at Motel 8
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Roger Morrison wrote:I can see some advantages--i think--to the newies of the Blog. But I (my ego) do(es) miss the running tally of hits. Is that recorded where I'm just not seeing it? Is that something yet to be added again?

*shrug*

Shouts, are they gone for good?

Yes. The shoutbox was hardly ever used, and when it was, it was loaded with spam.

The 2 new entry slots, their purpose? Thanks for the Blog feature, much appreciated.

It's actually supposed to be one button, with javascript to change which one appears during mouseover. But it was designed for a different template, so it doesn't quite fit in with this one.
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469