Question for the women

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Question for the women

Post by _Scottie »

So there is a really cute teller at my credit union, and I would love to ask her out.

But I have no idea how! Do I just walk up to her and say, "Hey, would you like to go to dinner sometime this week?"

Should I stage a few fake transactions and get to know her a little better?
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Re: Question for the women

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

First, make sure you have lots of money in your account so that you appear attractive. :P

Then, you could withdraw some cash and say you need it for a date--that you're going to ask a cute girl out and hope she says "yes." Then ask.

Or, you could ask her out on a deposit slip.

KA
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Or introduce yourself and see if she wants to go grab a coffee during a break - less scary when a strange dude wants to go out when you don't have any other history with him.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

You don't know to ask out a woman..or you don't know how to ask out a Girl??

Big difference don't ya think...Why would you want to date a teller anyway..don't you want someone to support you for a change Scottie??
God has left the building and is staying at Motel 8
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

From a guy's perspective, I would say just go for it. She could well say yes, and the worst she could do is hand you one of those exploding dye packs.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

Thanks for the advice. I think I will try and stage a few deposits and withdrawls just so I can talk to her a bit more, then maybe ask her out.

But, I loved your advice of getting some cash out and saying it's for a date, KA. That was brilliant! :)
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

LOL! This is my favorite response. ;)
_JonasS
_Emeritus

Post by _JonasS »

I don't like the deposits idea, it would put me off a guy. Also I would be freaked if I didn't know the guy.

I have been asked out a few times this past year by guys I met like the day before. I wasn't comfortable with the idea and so said I was busy but one kept asking every day and was beginning to scare me so I told him straight up he is freeking me out, now we are ok friends. It is a good idea to let her get to trust you first. Some people can trust straight away but a lot of people need to know they aren't going on a date with a weirdo. I don't think pretending you are someone else is a good idea because in the long run she will find out and be pissed. Making out you have lots of money and are just great puts people off because you look very superficial. Just be yourself, show her you can be trusted and after a few weeks then ask her out. I know that I feel it is the Guys job to make the first move, but she needs to trust you first.

Well, that's just how I would feel.

But, by the time you read this it is perhaps too late, so Good Luck.

Pirate, :P
"HOW DARE YOU KEEP US WAITING!!!!! I demand you post right this very instant or I'll... I'll... I'll hold my breath until I slump over and bang my head against the keyboard resulting in me posting something along the lines of "SR Wphgohbrfg76hou7wbn.xdf87e4iubnaelghe45auhnea4iunh eb9uih t4e9h eibn z"! "-- Angus McAwesome (Jul 21/08 11:51 pm)
_collegeterrace
_Emeritus

Post by _collegeterrace »

Don't let this happen while waiting in line and staring at her:

And don't slip up and say something like, "I'd like to make a deposit in you"

If she is Mormon and young you will probably get sex but she will not drink.
... our church isn't true, but we have to keep up appearances so we don't get shunned by our friends and family, fired from our jobs, kicked out of our homes, ... Please don't tell on me. ~maklelan