Good job McCain

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Good job McCain

Post by _moksha »

Jack Meyers wrote:"big oil" is the best you got? It's official. The woman is bulletproof.

Hey, never knock the power of Big Oil. If they got one boob into the White House, there is no reason they cannot get a couple of more boobs in too.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_scipio337
_Emeritus

Post by _scipio337 »

GoodK wrote:Awesome – anti-abortion, anti-stem cell research, anti-physician assisted suicide, anti-gay marriage, and a proponent of teaching Creationism in schools.

If they win, I think we’re pretty much screwed.

Can we just have Clinton back? Not Hillary, the good Clinton?
You mean the one who signed DOMA into law? :)

Its an interesting pick. McCain had two options: Amplification or Diversification. An amplifying pick to his "maverick" image going against the grain in mainstream Republicanism, or a diversifying pick in the form of a more orthodox GOPer to counter his own views. This pick does both. For those of you who didn't know, Palin has been a bit of a renegade in the AK GOP.

That being said, I'm not sure how much it helps in the election. Adds a few more votes nationally, but I don't see it swaying one of the key swing states. Its all going to come down to VA, OH, MI, MO, and maybe a couple of other states this cycle.
Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

scipio337 wrote:You mean the one who signed DOMA into law? :)

Hey, no one is perfect.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

KimberlyAnn wrote:

And, Nehor, Brackite's post isn't nearly as Middle-School as are the juvenile violent images you crap all over the board.

KA

Thank-You, KimberlyAnn!
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Brackite wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:

And, Nehor, Brackite's post isn't nearly as Middle-School as are the juvenile violent images you crap all over the board.

KA

Thank-You, KimberlyAnn!

Sorry...I missed this thread before. Yes, KA, you bring out a good point here.

I always enjoy your posts, Brackite. You are always impecably resarched. Nehor was an ass and owes you an apology.

;)
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

EAllusion wrote:Unless Ron Paul slipped a rufee in McCain's drink, Palin is about as ideal of a pick as libertarians were going to realistically get.

Plus if McCain wins and dies, that means there's going to be a lot of teenage boys masturbating to presidential addresses. Take that Mormons. :p

Wow what a loser post from you EA. I see those who claim to be all for a woman's right to be whatever they wish is only as good as getting one with the same out look as you losers have.

Sexism is alive and well.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

I don't know what to do. Perhaps I should vote for McCain and hope the mean old geezer keels over ASAP after taking office? Voting for McCain also gives Hillary a shot at the Presidency in four years. Hmmm...

You know I would take Hillary Clinton over McCain or Obama in a second. I have never been her fan but I would take her now and was rooting for her in the primaries.