Silentkid's Video Game Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Silentkid's Video Game Thread

Post by _silentkid »

When I'm not posting on this board, I'm playing video games. When I'm not working, I'm playing video games. When I'm not sleeping, I'm playing video games. When I'm not swimming, I'm playing video games. Right now, my favorite game is Bionic Commando Rearmed (I'm playing it on PS3 but you can also get it on Xbox 360). It's superbadass. You have a bionic arm that you use to swing around the levels. You also have lots of different guns with which to shoot badguys. The goal is to kill them. Throw some damned grenades if you want to. Navigating the levels can be pretty tricky since there is no jump button (only your bionic arm), so bring your A game, eh.

Anyone else playing any cool video games? World of Warcraft doesn't count.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Re: Silentkid's Video Game Thread

Post by _MsJack »

I know it's been out for a while, but I've been enjoying Dead Rising. I just finished the zombie genocide achievement the other day and got my badass Mega Buster.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Jack: Dead Rising is awesome. I love getting the lawnmower and going to town on those zombies. I need to get back to that one. It's one of the first games I bought for my 360 (gamertag = JSwiv). My problem is that I'll buy a new game that I'm interested in when it comes out and start playing it before I finish the games I've been working on. A bad habit.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

World of Warcraft doesn't count.

Heretic

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Gaz: Can you (not you specifically, but generally) actually beat WoW? It seems to me to be more of a social network than a video game. Are you playing anything other than WoW?
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

silentkid wrote:Gaz: Can you (not you specifically, but generally) actually beat WoW? It seems to me to be more of a social network than a video game. Are you playing anything other than WoW?

Well currently I think the way to "Beat" World of Warcraft is to kill Illidan. To kill him requires a very well constructed team where everyone knows what they are doing. This will change after November as the game is expanded. As far as the social aspect, that really depends on the Guild you join. I've been part of very busy ones and some where no one was ever on and I had to drop them and seek out a new one. I've gone a week or so playing solo and not talking to anyone at all.

The playability changes depending on the various quests you do. Some of them are puzzles, some are delivery quests through dangerous areas, etc...

I don't play as much as alot of others I know. I've only ever made two or three characters, and I've only ever played just the one. And after two years hes finally about to hit 70 (The current top level). It can be very time consuming if you let it. I am much too busy with family and work to grind away on the game.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

I'm playing Bully - on Wii, but I don't get to play video games very often anymore. Bully is super bad ass though.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

silentkid wrote:Gaz: Can you (not you specifically, but generally) actually beat WoW? It seems to me to be more of a social network than a video game. Are you playing anything other than WoW?

See that's why I dig EVE Online so much. There is no "End Game", no big bad to beat, no leveling plateau... Your enemy is the other 300,000 people playing the game, all on the same server. Scamming other players, beating them down and stealing their gear, ransoming them them for all their money... Not only is it not against the rules, the developers encourage it.

In EVE it's me and my corpmates against the whole universe. Only question is "When do we attack?"

My latest scam is selling people 100,000,000ISK "Flux Capacitor" units to people. Amazing thing is so far I've made 1bil ISK with this scam. Yes, there are 10 people out there who have never seen Back To The Future.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

GoodK wrote:I'm playing Bully - on Wii, but I don't get to play video games very often anymore. Bully is super bad ass though.

I haven't played Bully yet. It looks awesome, kinda like a mild version of GTA set in a preparation school. I don't have a Wii. My sister has one and swears by it. I want to try the Mario Kart.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Angus McAwesome wrote:See that's why I dig EVE Online so much. There is no "End Game", no big bad to beat, no leveling plateau... Your enemy is the other 300,000 people playing the game, all on the same server. Scamming other players, beating them down and stealing their gear, ransoming them them for all their money... Not only is it not against the rules, the developers encourage it.

In EVE it's me and my corpmates against the whole universe. Only question is "When do we attack?"

My latest scam is selling people 100,000,000ISK "Flux Capacitor" units to people. Amazing thing is so far I've made 1bil ISK with this scam. Yes, there are 10 people out there who have never seen Back To The Future.

I have a friend in Seattle that loves EVE. I'm too much of a novice gamer. I'd get my ass kicked.