Elder Shades' Missionary Journal: Now with pictures!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Elder Shades' Missionary Journal: Now with pictures!

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Very true! I've seen the adult version of Shades, I don't know why the surgery.

I'm curious.

Okay, nosy.

If you were losing your hair, wouldn't you be conscientious about the horns?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Who is that hotness in those pictures? Shades, you have been keeping secrets!
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Since you mentioned it, why plastic surgery? . . . I've seen the adult version of Shades, I don't know why the surgery.

You've seen the adult version of me? It must've been a photo taken earlier than January 2007, right?

Anyway, I needed a blepharoplasty. I had the slabs of meat above my eyelids cut out, so now my eyes are round(er) instead of the mere slits you see in the photos.

moksha wrote:If you were losing your hair, wouldn't you be conscientious about the horns?

Silly penguin. I started losing my hair a little before I turned 29, long after my mission was over.

Sam Harris wrote:Who is that hotness in those pictures? Shades, you have been keeping secrets!

Thanks to both you and Jersey Girl for the compliments! It figures that the Internet comes around after those days are over. :-)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

I now get your AVATAR...I wonder if we might know each other in real life?

WINK....or BLINK?

Thank you
God has left the building and is staying at Motel 8
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

blepharoplasty.

There is no such thing?

But you might be an expert or a plastic surgeon right now?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shades wrote:You've seen the adult version of me? It must've been a photo taken earlier than January 2007, right?

Yes, I've seen the adult version of you.

Anyway, I needed a blepharoplasty. I had the slabs of meat above my eyelids cut out, so now my eyes are round(er) instead of the mere slits you see in the photos.

"Slabs of meat"? You fully disgust me.

It seems to me that I remember this being discussed on the board. Do you like the results?

I sure hope so. You were hot as a firecracker on the fourth of July in those pics.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:"Slabs of meat"? You fully disgust me.

I apologize, although I don't know what I said that was amiss.

Do you like the results?

Oh yes! I'm INFINITELY more happy now than I was before I had the procedure, but I wish I'd specified exactly how much to open up my eyes. As it is, the top edge of my upper eyelids are still just barely covered.

I sure hope so. You were hot as a firecracker on the fourth of July in those pics.

Thanks! I mean that sincerely.

(SUAS: I really can't make a pretense of understanding you, but yes, there is such a procedure as a "blepharoplasty." Click here if you don't believe me.)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

Sorry Shades I will spent time today just clicking on your pictures..cause I do have nothing else to do..at this moment....

I meant that it would be nice if you were local you could recommend a plastic surgeon/surgeon to me. I need to have a an operation....my dear Aunt who is 68 has a rare from of cancer they found inside her Uterus..and every women on my maternal side have had a radical Hysterectomy..Sisters, Cousins, Aunts, Mother, grandma...I mean everyone so far.
I'm 48..kinda young to be concerned but you do what you need to do to stay healthy.

So whatever......

I get your avatar...I was hoping you might look like a younger Keeny Rogers

Sorry if you don't understand me...but know perhaps I given you a little insight..

I also am thinking about flying out of the country to have my surgery..so I can havea spa experience...I do have very good insurance...
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

And it is nice that your have found a Qualified Plastic surgeon as well..
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

SUAS wrote:Sorry Shades I will spent time today just clicking on your pictures..cause I do have nothing else to do..at this moment....

I meant that it would be nice if you were local you could recommend a plastic surgeon/surgeon to me. I need to have a an operation....my dear Aunt who is 68 has a rare from of cancer they found inside her Uterus..and every women on my maternal side have had a radical Hysterectomy..Sisters, Cousins, Aunts, Mother, grandma...I mean everyone so far.
I'm 48..kinda young to be concerned but you do what you need to do to stay healthy.

So whatever......

I get your avatar...I was hoping you might look like a younger Keeny Rogers

Sorry if you don't understand me...but know perhaps I given you a little insight..

I also am thinking about flying out of the country to have my surgery..so I can havea spa experience...I do have very good insurance...

SUAS: So what you're saying is that you're planning to have plastic surgery on your uterus?

Shades: Please kill me.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb