How to make a pop-up Masonic Lodge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

How to make a pop-up Masonic Lodge

Post by _Blixa »

http://www.scottishrite.org/ee.php?/jou ... _up_lodge/

I'd forgotten the beehive was a Masonic symbol...

A significant savings could be effected if this plan were utilized for McTemples. Also, the Mormon numbers game would surge if they could count these temples: a paper craft stone rolling forth, indeed!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Blixa wrote:I'd forgotten the beehive was a Masonic symbol...

Huh, I never knew that.

Seeing the image reminds me of just how utterly creepy I find everything that's Masonic-related:

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_collegeterrace
_Emeritus

Re: How to make a pop-up Masonic Lodge

Post by _collegeterrace »

Blixa wrote:http://www.scottishrite.org/ee.php?/journal/articles/how_to_make_a_pop_up_lodge/

I'd forgotten the beehive was a Masonic symbol...

A significant savings could be effected if this plan were utilized for McTemples. Also, the Mormon numbers game would surge if they could count these temples: a paper craft stone rolling forth, indeed!

I thought the beehive was in reference to the made up word from the Book of Mormon, "Deseret":

And they did also carry with them deseret, which, by interpretation, is a honey bee; and thus they did carry with them swarms of bees, and all manner of that which was upon the face of the land, bseeds of every kind.Ether 2:3
... our church isn't true, but we have to keep up appearances so we don't get shunned by our friends and family, fired from our jobs, kicked out of our homes, ... Please don't tell on me. ~maklelan
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Re: How to make a pop-up Masonic Lodge

Post by _Gazelam »

Much like the Alchemists oven is supposed to forge a bar of Gold from a base material like lead, the beehive also takes base materials (Pollen) and makes a golden substance.

Alchemy was a way of being able to speak about the "discovered" secret knowledge that was garnered from Gnostic writings, and the Masons incorporated their ceremony from those things. The true Temple ordinances are meant to bring the Holy Ghost into you that he can sanctify and purge the fallen man from you and create a Holy Man where once a fallen man had been.

No doubt Brigham played up on these things when he named Deseret and set about to build up the Kingdom of God.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato