Palin's Speech: What do you think?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Palin's Speech: What do you think?

Post by _dartagnan »

I think she just made McCain look like a genius for picking her. What a remarkable woman.

Guliani's speech was hilarious and impressive as well.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Re: Palin's Speech: What do you think?

Post by _bcspace »

I think she just made McCain look like a genius for picking her. What a remarkable woman.

Agreed. Real women and real femminists are conservative and likely to be Republican. She did great. Time will tell. The Dems were loaded for Pawlenty and are scrambling now to rewrite their game plan.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

As I mentioned in the another thread, I think it hilarious to see the left bashing someone over pre-marital sex and for being a woman with a career.
Machina Sublime
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

They're showing a protestor being removed during her speech. Anyone know what that was about?
Machina Sublime
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

You go to FOX and hear Hannity and the All Stars on "Fair and Balanced" and they all rave about her. Read The Huffington Post and Media Matters and they dig up all this dirt about her. How she accepted earmarks, had her brother in law fired. Where is the truth?
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Post by _cksalmon »

dartagnan wrote:I think she just made McCain look like a genius for picking her. What a remarkable woman.

What might sway a registered Dem (who voted for Obama in the primary) to McCain's side? Palin.

I find it sort of funny that Porter was suggesting that McCain's pick was detrimental (at least among conservatives). Or, was that his point? Maybe it was just among LDS. I don't buy it either way.

cks
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Palin's speech was awesome! Go small town girls! :)
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

You go to FOX and hear Hannity and the All Stars on "Fair and Balanced" and they all rave about her. Read The Huffington Post and Media Matters and they dig up all this dirt about her. How she accepted earmarks, had her brother in law fired. Where is the truth?

In the stances a candidate takes. And then what they do. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.
Machina Sublime
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

What might sway a registered Dem (who voted for Obama in the primary) to McCain's side? Palin.

I think most Americans have made their choice. Few will change their position and there are virtually no undecideds. The difference will be in who can excite their base most to get out and vote.
Machina Sublime
_LifeOnaPlate
_Emeritus

Post by _LifeOnaPlate »

As a friend once said, this speech by Palin is just as much red meat as Giuliani's. The message is clear: The McCain-Palin ticket will run on the petty personality-based politics of past election cycles. lots and lots of talk about her family and John McCain being a POW and plenty of dismissive attacks about Obama, but hardly any policy proposals. the actual issues? Incidental. Throw in a few "USA IS NUMBER ONE"'s and you've got yourself a platform.
One moment in annihilation's waste,
one moment, of the well of life to taste-
The stars are setting and the caravan
starts for the dawn of nothing; Oh, make haste!

-Omar Khayaam

*Be on the lookout for the forthcoming album from Jiminy Finn and the Moneydiggers.*