Tune in next week and watch her get sassy with Pakistan!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_GoodK

Re: Tune in next week and watch her get sassy with Pakistan!

Post by _GoodK »

Anyone who thinks Palin is "poorly educated" is an idiot

Why do you call her degree a "Bachelor of Science" at a state University.
Didn't want to be more specific? Ok...

Yea, his comments are sooooo intelligent. Especially on inflating tires to save
all the money on gas that we would save from drilling!!!

Because I think you're a smart guy and you care about facts, here is what he actually said:

"You know the other day I was in a town hall meeting and I laid out my plans for investing
$15 billion a year in energy efficient cars and a new electricity grid
and somebody said,
'well, what can I do? what can individuals do?' Obama recalled.

"So I told them something simple," Obama said. "I said, 'You know what? You can inflate your
tires to the proper levels and that if everybody in America inflated their tires to the proper
level, we would actually probably save more oil than all the oil we'd get from
John McCain drilling right below his feet there, or wherever he was going to drill.”

His energy plan is not tire inflation. That was a response to a question he was asked, about
what we can do. It is a smart and practical suggestion, and would save a lot of gas.

The only smart thing he has done really is to avoid the creationist questions so he can confuse atheists
into thinking he's on their side.

That's it, eh? Really. That is the only smart thing he has done. Ok. I'll state, again, for the record -
my criticism of Sarah Palin and John McCain is not an endorsement of Barack Obama.

Don't you know this guy is a Christian? Don't you know that makes him stupid by the atheistic
standards of this forum?

I do. I've posted articles from Slate about it here. I don't like it. Maybe you missed the first time I said it.

Of course, if he admitted to being an atheist or an agnostic he wouldn't have a chance running for the school board, let alone the Senate or the Presidency. At least he isn't a Creationist. Or Pro-life.

Anyone who thinks Palin is "poorly educated" is an idiot, so it should be no surprise you're relaying Sam Harris crap.

Oh my. What intelligence. What eloquence.
This sentence should be etched in granite somewhere. The writings of Kevin Graham should be stored in the Nation’s Archives.

You guys run to the atheist blogs to tell you how to think on juyst about everything now, even politics.

The Los Angeles Times is not an atheist blog. Neither is the Washington Post, or anything else that I read consistently.

I hope writing is therapeutic for you. You know, trying to belittle people.

Palin's father was a science teacher so I think it unlikely she believes the world is 6,000 years old.

Well, let me know when you know for sure. I’m sure I would reject a lot of things you “think” are “unlikely” outright.

It isn't enough to say she believes creationism should be discussed if it is brought up in class, therefore she must agree with all the extreme aspects of creationism.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, it is a serious problem that she wants pseudoscience to be taught in class at all.

“Intelligent Design” is not any better than Young Earth Creationism – it may be worse actually, because of how it manipulates evidence. Neither belongs in science class.

You think Obama doesn't believe the Genesis account, just because he says he accepts evolution?

Right, I do not believe Obama takes the Bible’s creation story literally.

Where has Palin rejected evolutionary science?

I don’t know. I didn’t know you thought that she did.
Where has she rejected killing the Jews?

She explicitly said it should be taught in schools and explicitly said creationism shouldn't be added to that curriculum.

Yes, in a damage control interview the very next day after she said, “teach both.”

As far as comparing educational backgrounds go with Obama, she wasn't career minded aspiring to be a politician when finishing High School.

So it is true, Obama is more educated than she is.

Obviously she didn't need a graduate degree, even if Obama did. But she did obtain a Bachelors of Science at a state University. In what way does that make her "poorly educated"? You guys are hilariously desperate to throw mud any way you can.

See my first comment. Her education doesn’t exactly qualify her for the job of President of the United States, sorry.

If you have a chance, would you mind explaining the difference between “you guys are hilariously desperate to throw mud any way you can” and your comments on Obama. If it isn’t mudslinging, I want to know what you call it.

If only you atheists would put down your hatred of religion for two seconds…

Here we go again... Stop already. I will always have contempt for religion.

I still can support a good political decision from a religious politician – such as the invasion of Iraq.

and actually learn the facts through unbiased sources and draw your conclusions by deducing it all rationally, you wouldn't come across as hateful.

I am pretty sure my sources are reliable and I draw my conclusions by deducing things rationally. As far as coming across as hateful, that's not really my biggest concern.

(don't you think calling people idiots and simple minded is a little more hateful?)

But as it is, you wear it on your sleeves. Everything for you has to be about religion.

Sigh...

I bet you probably vote for your favorite all start baseball players according to their religious affiliation, or lack thereof. lol!

Actually, the proper term would be OLO – or only laughed once.

But even that wouldn’t be true, because it didn’t get a laugh from anyone.

No one laughed at that.

No one.

And atheists like to claim they are the ones persecuted through exclusion! All I can say is that from reading these forums for a month or so, you guys don't invoke much sympathy.

A month or so! Is that all? This is turning into a rather hilarious rant. I’m waiting for some tektoniks.org articles next...

This is how bigoted your are as a minority.

Bigoted? You’ve got to be kidding.

Just imagine how much more you would be if you were a majority!

“Some say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one…”

There is more to [the bridge to nowhere
than what we know. This is too fresh to immediately jump to conclusions.[/quote]

Now we can all LOL at this one!

But the fact is, this woman puts her constituents first, not herself.

Jumping to conclusions?

Did Bill Clintion sell the government jet and give the money back to the taxpayers?

No. Was Sarah Palin the Mayor of New York City during 9/11?

I’m beginning to notice a trend here, with this Ebay publicity stunt.

A noun, a verb, and a plane sold on Ebay.

That's the Palin campaign slogan.

There is no hard evidence that this is true, but you're not interested in the truth.

I'm not?

The truth is, this man tasered her 10 year old nephew (his step-son), was abusing her sister (his fourth wife), was caught drinking alcohol in his patrol car, illegally shot a moose in open public, and then made death threats against her father because he tried to get her a divorce attorney. The police dept put the case against him on the backburner and eventually dropped it after suspending him for only 10 days - actually, it was only 5 days after his union got involved.

There is no evidence for any of what you have said, either!

Ironic? Yes.

Leave it up to an atheist to turn this bastard into a victim.

Leave it up to a pseudo-Christian to make claims without evidence...

I appreciate you enthusiasm, but the issue was corruption - and what she did was unethical and corrupt.

The real victim is the man who was removed from office, actually.

If I were her, I would have done everything in my power to have someone who made death threats against my father, removed from the police force. But there is no evidence she did even this much.

LOL.
There is only evidence for your side of the story, right?

But the funniest part is: there isn’t.
You are too funny man.

Meanwhile, it’s going to cost the Alaska taxpayers more than $200,000 for an investigation to be conducted to figure out if he deserved to be fired.

You brought up Biden’s comments about Obama, yet you don’t mention how Palin rejected McCain too! At least twice!

Again, this [firing Monegan] is not true.

You say it isn’t true… (ready for this?)

She is the one who appointed him, and she had every right to remove him.

And that she has the right to fire him.

Hahahaha… what is it, man? Is it “not true” or did she have the right to do it?

Even Monegan had to admit she never told him this was why she was firing him.

Umm… Monegan filed a complaint against her and one (or a few) of her aids.

And of course she didn’t tell him that was the reason!

you're just in love with the idea of being able to slam someone who is openly religious,

Well… who isn’t?

even if it means you have to go into CB mode and convince yourself Obama is a friend to atheists.

CB? Cock block? Are you saying I am cock blocking McCain?
HAHA. I guess you have a point…
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

GoodK wrote:
Yea, his comments are sooooo intelligent. Especially on inflating tires to save
all the money on gas that we would save from drilling!!!

Because I think you're a smart guy and you care about facts, here is what he actually said:

"You know the other day I was in a town hall meeting and I laid out my plans for investing
$15 billion a year in energy efficient cars and a new electricity grid
and somebody said,

"So I told them something simple," Obama said. "I said, 'You know what? You can inflate your
tires to the proper levels and that if everybody in America inflated their tires to the proper
John McCain drilling right below his feet there, or wherever he was going to drill.”

His energy plan is not tire inflation. That was a response to a question he was asked, about
what we can do. It is a smart and practical suggestion, and would save a lot of gas.
GoodK,

BO stated that tire inflation would save more energy than would be obtained from drilling for oil. That's ridiculous. When challenged on this absurd comment, he said, "It's Like These Guys Take Pride in Being Ignorant." He doesn't know that when you're in a hole you should first stop digging.
Er, no it couldn’t. The Green River oil shale formation could produce at least 800 billion barrels of oil alone, enough for over 100 years at our current rate of consumption (20 million barrels per day). Would inflating our tires eliminate every single drop of oil we use? Of course not! Nor would it save any significant amount at all. Tire inflation could improve gas mileage by about 3%, which would relate to about 600,000 barrels of oil a day at the most absurdly optimistic extrapolation.

Maybe the Democrats could use a tune-up on energy policy. It looks like they’re still stuck in the 1970s, with tired, worn-out points and bad timing. On energy, Obama is your father’s 1973 Oldsmobile.

Update: Tune-ups? Most cars today don’t require tune-ups for the first 100,000 miles. Some automotive mechanics recommend them every 30,000 miles, but it’s hardly the 5,000-mile requirement it used to be twenty-five years ago.
Jim Geraghty has calculated the potential savings, and comes up to 6 million gallons of gasoline a day (not a year as I originally wrote). He’s also working off of an assumption of 10% improvement rather than 3%, which seems very high. Has anyone noticed a 10% improvement in their gas mileage by pumping up their tires, ever? On the other hand, we could be pumping millions of barrels of oil a day if Congress would stop blocking domestic oil production.

Update II: Geraghty’s calculation comes to about 330,000 barrels of oil a day, but at 3%, it would make it closer to 100,000 barrels of oil a day. That’s not much of a dent in 20 million barrels of oil a day, 12 million of which we import. I’d say we’d do much better by drilling and keeping our tires inflated.
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/07/30/o ... ing-tires/
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

He did not say that inflating tires would save more energy than drilling for oil. I agree that that is ridiculous, but that is simply not what he said.

On the other hand Sarah Palin, who will probably be our president if McCain is elected, said that the war in Iraq is "God's Plan" and that people in Alaska should be praying for a natural gas pipeline. Seriously.

She only allows abstinence to be taught in Alaska schools, and we see first hand with her daughter what happens. Teenage girls get pregnant.

Did I mention that the people in Alaska should pray for a natural gas pipeline? It's God's will.
Can you believe she said that?
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

GoodK wrote:He did not say that inflating tires would save more energy than drilling for oil. I agree that that is ridiculous, but that is simply not what he said.
This is what he said
There are things you can do individually, though, to save energy. Making sure your tires are properly inflated — simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they’re talking about getting off drilling — if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? You’d actually save just as much!
You can hear his statement here:

I suggest that you retract your statement.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

GoodK, Palin's bachelor of "science" is in communications-journalism (So would be a BS degree or degree in BS?).
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

A BS degree will get you a degree in underwater Basketing weaving...or how to make a password so no one will guess it ever...
God has left the building and is staying at Motel 8
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

SUAS wrote:I hope you are not calling women stupid..cause we are not..some may be but then again when they go to cast their vote they will not be voting for Palin..hopefully the will be voting for what is best for the People.....Hillary may not be on the ticket but that doesn't mean she hasn't won...

Have some faith man..cause I do. I believe in the women of the world.
I think McCain will make a much better president than Obama. It's not a matter of intelligence.

It's interesting that Republicans, including radio hosts like Hugh Hewitt, are very happy that slow Joe Biden is the Democratic VP candidate whereas Democrats are very unhappy that Palin is the Republican VP candidate. I think we can infer who the stronger candidate is.
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

richardMdBorn wrote:
GoodK wrote:He did not say that inflating tires would save more energy than drilling for oil. I agree that that is ridiculous, but that is simply not what he said.
This is what he said
There are things you can do individually, though, to save energy. Making sure your tires are properly inflated — simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they’re talking about getting off drilling — if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? You’d actually save just as much!
You can hear his statement here:

I suggest that you retract your statement.

Richard, I quoted the entire statement, not just the last part that you quoted in my post to Kevin. Did you miss it? He was talking about things people could do, individually, to help.

How Republicans managed to turn a very good idea and a noble comment into something against him is disturbing.
Last edited by _GoodK on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

Angus McAwesome wrote:GoodK, Palin's bachelor of "science" is in communications-journalism (So would be a BS degree or degree in BS?).

Awe Angus I wanted Kevin to have to say it.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

GoodK wrote:Richard, I quoted the entire statement, not just the last part that you quoted in my post to Kevin. Did you miss it? He was talking about things people could do, individually, to help.

How Republicans managed to turn a very good idea and a noble comment into something against him is disturbing.
Here's your quote
$15 billion a year in energy efficient cars and a new electricity gridand somebody said,

He was not only talking about things people could do, individually, to help. He also made the statement that proper tire inflation could save more oil than what we would get from drilling. That's a ridiculous comment and the Republicans were justified in calling him on it (you can throw in tune-ups and it's still incorrect).