Does Obama believe in free speech?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Re: Does Obama believe in free speech?

Post by _richardMdBorn »

Angus McAwesome wrote:
richardMdBorn wrote:I note that you didn't respond to the quote from Cuomo.

Why should I when you've consistently failed to actually address my arguments head on and have yet to show that the Obama campaign really is against free-speech or to Tarski asking you to show how the McCain campaign is actually any different.

But just to humor you, I'll state that Mario Coumo is a f*****g idiot. As I've said time and time again, I'm not a democrat and I realize that the much like the GOP, the DNC has more than their far share of morons as well. Coumo said, "Precisely because radio and TV have become our principal sources of news and information, we should accord broadcasters the utmost freedom in order to insure a truly free press." The problem with this is that it assumes that the "free press" with regulate itself in order to foster debate, when anyone who watches our TV News outlets and our radio news outlets can see this is not the case at all, and as I already pointed out, in quite a few parts of this nation you can't simply change the station to hear an alternative view because their isn't a station with an alternative view to be found.
You're still haven't responded to my initial post. I note that Tarski presented no evidence to refute it. Until he does, I see no reason why I need to discuss McCain's views. Can Tarski cite any case of McCain's campaign trying to prevent a McCain critic from appearing on a radio show?
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

No. He doesn't. Given half a chance he'd cut out your tongue so you can't talk, he'd chop off your fingers so that you can't write, he'd pop out your eyes so you can't blink "yay" or "nay" and chop off your nose for the hell of it. After that he'd really go to work on censoring you.

Meanwhile, back at the Batcave, Sarah Palin ponders where or not she can get books put in the Restricted Section of the Wasilla Library because they aren't part of her "narrow as Hank Hill's urethra" view of the world...

[bonus points for naming that cartoon reference]
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

B23 wrote:No. He doesn't. Given half a chance he'd cut out your tongue so you can't talk, he'd chop off your fingers so that you can't write, he'd pop out your eyes so you can't blink "yay" or "nay" and chop off your nose for the hell of it. After that he'd really go to work on censoring you.

Meanwhile, back at the Batcave, Sarah Palin ponders where or not she can get books put in the Restricted Section of the Wasilla Library because they aren't part of her "narrow as Hank Hill's urethra" view of the world...

[bonus points for naming that cartoon reference]
Thanks for a serious post. Milt Rosenberg, a retired University of Chicago prof, has hosted Extension 720 for 35 years and he was astounded by the actions of the Obama campaign.