ABC blatantly manipulated the interview with Palin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

ABC blatantly manipulated the interview with Palin

Post by _richardMdBorn »

A transcript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context. This unedited transcript of the first of the Gibson interviews with Palin is available on radio host Mark Levin's website. The sections edited out by ABC News are in bold. The first edit shows Palin responding about meeting with foreign leaders but this was actually in response to a question Gibson asked several questions earlier:

GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

PALIN: There in the state of Alaska, our international trade activities bring in many leaders of other countries.

GIBSON: And all governors deal with trade delegations.

PALIN: Right.

GIBSON: Who act at the behest of their governments.

PALIN: Right, right.

GIBSON: I’m talking about somebody who’s a head of state, who can negotiate for that country. Ever met one?

PALIN: I have not and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you. But, Charlie, again, we’ve got to remember what the desire is in this nation at this time. It is for no more politics as usual and somebody’s big, fat resume maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment, where, yes, they’ve had opportunities to meet heads of state … these last couple of weeks … it has been overwhelming to me that confirmation of the message that Americans are getting sick and tired of that self-dealing and kind of that closed door, good old boy network that has been the Washington elite.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladni ... -interview

Folks in the media wonder why conservatives don't trust them. This is a classic example. I stopped watching 60 Minutes when I found out that they would tape the interview and then retape the questions. Thus, the questioner could change the tone of his voice and the whole tenor of the Q&A could be manipulated. The result was a fabrication much like the broadcast by ABC.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Re: ABC blatantly manipulated the interview with Palin

Post by _dartagnan »

I could tell last night that the interview process was edited. A split second after she would be questioned the camera would cut to her response and then it just seemed he was asking another question too abruptly, making me wonder if they cut out some of her responses.

Just how in the hell does ABC think they can get away with this?

I am dying to read the original unedited transcript.

I loved how the presentation began with a woman talking about how Palin's life in Alaska is really just half truth and half "fabel." And they were promising to get to the bottom of it all.

Well after an hour I never did figure out what was supposed to be the fabel.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: ABC blatantly manipulated the interview with Palin

Post by _moksha »

They should only allow Fox News access to these candidates to insure that a more favorable viewpoint will be presented.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace