Saturday belongs to me, leave me alone (unfriendly rant)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Saturday belongs to me, leave me alone (unfriendly rant)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So I had one of the worst weeks in the history of weeks. I destroyed (almost) every piece of electronic equipment that I came in contact with, I learned that someone who significantly impacted my professional life died, I spent 8 hours in a full on lock down situation, I went to the shoe store to get the new athletic shoes I'd been planning for with my first full paycheck only to find they weren't in stock so I had to settle for a different pair. This of course means nothing to you who are reading this who didn't fall down a flight of stairs and land with your full weight on your foot, spraining the living crap out of it and if I don't get a good shoe to walk on, I'm screwed because my job requires that I'm on my feet all day long. But I spent a long time researching athletic shoes and decided on one pair. So, I got the alternative which are pretty nice. Went home and finally went to bed dreaming of sleeping in on Saturday.

Is that too much to ask?

So, the phone rings at 8:00 am, my credit card company wanting to sell me some such thing (upgrade I suppose, I didn't listen) so I answer the questions (the woman is reading directly off the fine print so you can imagine how long that took) say it's okay for them to mail me the information and she says "Have a good evening".

Huh????????????????????????????????????????????

Look lady, I listened to your spiel on MY Saturday morning and you don't know what time of day it is? Take your script and stick it!

And now there are Jehovah's Witnesses on my deck talking to JB.

Do people have no mercy around here?

All I asked for was a peaceful Saturday morning (Not that the JW's aren't peaceful but who in the heck invited them?) to sleep in and recover from my crappy week.

Just get away from me you people! Lose my phone number, have yourself a good evening and do not show up on my deck without an invitation all dressed up in your Sunday best while I'm sitting at the computer looking at Mormon Discussions (I should have invited them in to take a gander at this board but only after starting a thread about JW's ;-) in my PAJAMA'S.

And what is up with these PUGS? Someone drives up my quarter mile driveway and they don't BARK? What on earth do I have these little pests for anyway if they can't bark at uninvited cult members?

Someone's gonna get it around here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Saturday belongs to me, leave me alone (unfriendly rant)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I really should start a blog for this kinda tripe, but who's forcing you to read it, eh?

So, about the shoes. I researched customer reviews ad nauseum. Why? Because I don't randomly fork out 70-100$ on a pair of shoes. Maybe you do, but I sure don't.

So I settle on "ryka". If you go on their website you will see that they're hell bent on getting you to pick out the shoes that are best for your feet. So am I!

You do this little test to see if you pronate or whatever it's called, anyway, something to do with your foot, arch or whatever. So, I had to wet my foot, stand on a paper towel and look at my foot print.

This was not unenjoyable. It was, infact, the best thing that's happened to me all week.

I find out that my foot is "normal". Now, I could debate that outcome however, I decide on a list of walking shoes for a "normal" foot. I also locate a store in the area that carries these "DSW" which turned out to be kinda weird and did NOT have the shoes I wanted.

I did end up getting ryka's but they're cross trainers. I have no idea if they're made for a "normal" foot but with the way things have been going, I'm very sure that they are NOT meant for a "normal" foot and I will be effectively crippled in a week or so.

They do LOOK nice! I'll google up a photo just for my own satisfaction. 70$, not bad. I also tried other styles and brands but came back to ryka for my "normal" foot.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

OMG!! I made a mistake and I'm going to admit it just incase you other ditz brains are too insecure to reveal your own mistakes...I shall be a model for you and give you courage.

So, I had to get the shoe box to find a google image and when I look on the box, it says "Country Walker".

?????????????????????????????????????????

They were displayed as a "cross trainer". Country Walker was one of my choices! This means that I got what I wanted ( the color is different so I didn't recognize it) and DSW is a bunch of screw ups.

I thought so. ;-)

Here is the shoe:

Is that so cute or what?
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Use this link and see what the Country Walker looks like on ryka's web site:

http://www.ryka.com/footwear.asp?product_id=28

Here's a google image:

Yucky grey.

It was going to be my last choice on account of the color but look at what a nice shoe I actually got! The tan with the cranberry accents are so "me".

I'm afraid this does nothing to rectify the rest of my bad week and crummy Saturday morning.

Maybe I'll take a walk in my cool new shoes.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Electronic equipment destroyed thus far:

Electronic timers (3) @ 13.50$ a pop.
LCD on my lap top 300$. That ain't happening any time soon.
Digital camera. Technically, I didn't destroy it. I wore it out.

I'll keep this post here in order to add to the list as I inevitably destroy more equipment.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

I understand the week from Hell. Mine, however, is not over. I have to work today and tomorrow... and all next week... and next Saturday too.

ARGH!

So far this fall, I'm at training and conferences in Reno, Denver, Vancouver, and San Jose, with 3 mandatory multiple-day staff meetings in the middle.

Good grief. I'm tired already.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

harmony wrote:I understand the week from Hell. Mine, however, is not over. I have to work today and tomorrow... and all next week... and next Saturday too.

ARGH!

So far this fall, I'm at training and conferences in Reno, Denver, Vancouver, and San Jose, with 3 mandatory multiple-day staff meetings in the middle.

Good grief. I'm tired already.

I think you should check in with Jersey Girl on at least one of those locations and dates.

Don't you?
:-D
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Now, about the JW's. I have nothing personally against JW's or people living out the doctrines of their faith however, I don't see why they have to decide to set one foot in the real world, on MY deck, on MY Saturday morning when normal people who work long hours, just might like to sleep in an extra hour or two. (Or three).

And their all dressed up for god sakes!

Normal people do NOT get up at the crack of dawn, shower, shave and put on their Sunday best on *** a Saturday ***to go witnessing to the normal working population!

These people obviously don't know me.

Look, if you want to spread the word, the good news, show me the stairway to heaven, do NOT do it on a Saturday morning!

Not only did you get your obviously retired (got nothing else to do) selves up at the crack of dawn, shower and shave, put on your Sunday best and seek out at least a quarter mile driveway to venture up to, you did it on on my freakin' Saturday!

What kind of people are you anyway? You can't even see the house from the street. For all you know, you were driving up into a crack house!

Do you think people on crack are open to hearing anything remotely lucid much less your JW stuff?

Don't EVER do that again!

And to top it off, JB, comes in after speaking to them and says "You know what? It never ceases to amaze me how different people can read the same Bible and come up with different interpretations!"

No crap, really?
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

It's after 1 pm and I'm still ranting. I'm doing laundry etc. in between postings (did you catch that?) so I bear no apparent guilt.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Let's revisit the shoe issue for a moment, because I left one issue unaddressed. I do love my new shoes but I just want to point one thing out.

Here is how the name of the shoes appears:

Rykä

Hopefully, that will post with the umlaut over the letter "a".

Now, what does that say to you? German? Scandanavian?

They're made in CHINA.

Please stop lying to me.

This-----> 简体中文版

is truth.
Chinese Proverb