Saturday belongs to me, leave me alone (unfriendly rant)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Saturday belongs to me, leave me alone (unfriendly rant)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The Ryka Report

First let me say that Crocs are a crock. I've been wearing these:

for about 3 years now and when I get a new pair they feel SO GOOD! The big problem is that they tend to "flatten" quickly and the tread on the soles also become flattened and so, I've spent way too much $ replacing them. I've come to think it's some kind of consipiracy but that's another post. I own probably 8 pairs in different colors. However, Crocs and I are through.
Image------>C.r.a.p.

So, I test drove the Ryka's today and I mean all day. In my work I'm consistently on my feet for 8 hours at a clip and rarely every sit because well, it's not a sit down job, okay?

After about 20 minutes with the Ryka's my "hurty" foot started to hurt in a major way and I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that inspite of the Ryka foot test that said I had a "normal" foot, my right foot will never be normal ever again for eternity and then some.

But then I noticed something about how I was walking. I was "favoring" my right foot and decided that, THAT'S why it started to go nuts.

Favor: To treat with care; be gentle with.

I actually (Isn't this completely boring? Don't worry, I'm going to start putting these in my blog as soon as I feel like transferring them and it's set to block everyone you won't be subjected to this for much longer) had to MAKE myself walk normally and then...total unadulterated BLISS set in!

I wore the Ryka's all day long and even though my right foot still hurts a bit (Don't worry, I can still dance ;-) they were WONDERFUL!

Mega thumbs up to Ryka's!

Definitely marrying these:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_JonasS
_Emeritus

Post by _JonasS »

Haha, cool. Crocks are actually dangerous, they build up static and can damage machine at hospital, or something like that.
"HOW DARE YOU KEEP US WAITING!!!!! I demand you post right this very instant or I'll... I'll... I'll hold my breath until I slump over and bang my head against the keyboard resulting in me posting something along the lines of "SR Wphgohbrfg76hou7wbn.xdf87e4iubnaelghe45auhnea4iunh eb9uih t4e9h eibn z"! "-- Angus McAwesome (Jul 21/08 11:51 pm)
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Hi Jersey Girl,

I do hope that this Saturday today, was a lot better Saturday for you, than last Saturday, last week.

Take Care, Jersey Girl!
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Brackite wrote:Hi Jersey Girl,

I do hope that this Saturday today, was a lot better Saturday for you, than last Saturday, last week.

Take Care, Jersey Girl!

Oh thanks, Bracki! It's been a wonderful weekend so far.

My feet feel great!
Nothing has died.
And I got to go to the LSS today and spend a gift card!

LSS=Local Scrapbooking Store
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb