Friends/Foes/Blog ?'s for Shades

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Friends/Foes/Blog ?'s for Shades

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shades,

First, let me tell you I was wrong about the ignore feature. I've been using it and it's a blessed relief!

I'm near about ready to open my blog (such as it is) and I have questions.

1. If I click "Friends" for specific posters, what will that do exactly?

2. If I click "Foes" (besides ignoring their posts) what will that do in relation to the blog?

3. How do I fix my blog so only a select list of posters can read it?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Friends/Foes/Blog ?'s for Shades

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Shades,

First, let me tell you I was wrong about the ignore feature. I've been using it and it's a blessed relief!

Glad you like it. :-)

I'm near about ready to open my blog (such as it is) and I have questions.

1. If I click "Friends" for specific posters, what will that do exactly?

It depends. If you click on the the "Blogs" link at the top of the page, it'll take you to the general "Blogs" page. On it, you'll see another link to the left titled "Blog CP."

Once you click on it, you'll have a page wherein you can add friends, add foes, etc.

The board default is to let your friends ALWAYS see your blog entries and to let your foes NEVER see your blog entries. You can change those if you wish, of course.

You'll also have options for letting only registered members see your entries and/or letting guests see them, as you wish.

Whenever you make an individual blog entry, however, you'll have some radio buttons below the text box to alter the defaults for THAT ENTRY ONLY if you wish. (For example, maybe you want guests--i.e., anyone at all--to be able to read your blog, but for a particular post in which you reveal some personal information you'll only want friends to see it. In that case, you can make your selection apply to that post only if you want.)

2. If I click "Foes" (besides ignoring their posts) what will that do in relation to the blog?

As I said, the default is that anyone on your "foe" list won't be able to read your blog.

3. How do I fix my blog so only a select list of posters can read it?

As before, simply add people to your "friends" list and then set your blog so only your "friends" can read it.

Good luck!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Friends/Foes/Blog ?'s for Shades

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thank you, Shades.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb