Commiefornia is denying an African American the right to run for governor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Commiefornia is denying an African American the right to run for governor

Post by Atlanticmike »

Commiefornia is scared of an African American conservative with name recognition and has denied him the ability to run for governor. The video below shows Larry Elder talking about how he plans to sue. If I was stuck in commiefornia I'd vote for mr. Elder.
https://youtu.be/D_hoP1ZtfHk
Icarus
Bishop

Re: Commiefornia is denying an African American the right to run for governor

Post by Icarus »

Nobody has a right to run for office you dimwit. Tucker Carlson is a jagoff moron with the most punchable face, so not surprising he's your new go to guy for "news." The same guy who's attorney's argued in court that he can't be sued for lying because no reasonable person watching his show should think he's actually telling the truth.

Just what we need, more idiots from Talk Radio trying to take over politics. If this idiot cannot even do the basic task of filling out all the required paperwork in order to run for office, then he has no business pretending to be a great candidate for an executive position.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Based on the limited available evidence, this does seem pretty fishy that California’s election peeps are giving this dude grief, while allowing some other names on that haven’t even filed 2020.

I’m surprised that after the Supreme Court shot down their SB for President elections that they still clung to it for gubernatorial. Especially for a recall election (that doesn’t seem to be specifically addressed in the SB… in my limited and non-expert skimming of it, at least).

Raegan, Wilson, Davis, Schwartz, Brown… Maybe this dude will buck the trend of California Governorships and the flight that feeds the Vegas housing market.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Icarus wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:30 pm
Nobody has a right to run for office you dimwit. Tucker Carlson is a jagoff moron with the most punchable face, so not surprising he's your new go to guy for "news." The same guy who's attorney's argued in court that he can't be sued for lying because no reasonable person watching his show should think he's actually telling the truth.

Just what we need, more idiots from Talk Radio trying to take over politics. If this idiot cannot even do the basic task of filling out all the required paperwork in order to run for office, then he has no business pretending to be a great candidate for an executive position.
100% chance you've never punched someone. I can tell by the way you type you have girly wrist that would buckle under any kind of force. Girly wrist and a pencil penis, damn!! Well, at least you try to act tough online, you have that going for you.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 pm
100% chance you've never punched someone. I can tell by the way you type you have girly wrist that would buckle under any kind of force. Girly wrist and a pencil penis, damn!! Well, at least you try to act tough online, you have that going for you.
Atlanticmike, none of that has anything to do with the subject matter of this thread. Please stick to the issues rather than dreaming up insults for people who disagree with you. If you can't refute your interlocutor, just admit as much and skip the schoolyard taunts.

Icarus, the guy said on video that he filled out all the paperwork necessary to be on the ballot. That's of course no guarantee it's true, but what evidence do you have that he didn't actually do so?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Here's a 9 minute video of a brilliant man, Larry Elder, explaining the first 3 things he would do as governor. Go Larry!!
https://youtu.be/KvABv5ISo2E
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:55 pm
Commiefornia is scared of an African American conservative with name recognition and has denied him the ability to run for governor. The video below shows Larry Elder talking about how he plans to sue. If I was stuck in commiefornia I'd vote for mr. Elder.
https://youtu.be/D_hoP1ZtfHk
That’s nice, but he’s not going to win anything anyway.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Icarus wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Like you, I find it hilarious that the same guy who laughed at us for citing Rachel Maddow takes seriously "The same guy who's attorney's[sic] argued in court that he can't be sued for lying because no reasonable person watching his show should think he's actually telling the truth."
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:31 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:26 am

Like you, I find it hilarious that the same guy who laughed at us for citing Rachel Maddow takes seriously "[t]he same guy who's attorney's[sic] argued in court that he can't be sued for lying because no reasonable person watching his show should think he's actually telling the truth."
Yeah. Agreed. Fixed it for you.
I'm glad you agree, but I hope you realize that I only capitalized that "t" only because it was capitalized in the original quoted passage.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:39 pm
Again. Totally true.
Thanks! : )