Commiefornia is denying an African American the right to run for governor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Commiefornia is denying an African American the right to run for governor

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:20 am
Gunnar wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am
ETA: Apparently he has come to his senses and conceded the results of the election.. Trump will probably call him a coward.
That's a looooong video. At what time-mark does he concede?

It's hard for people to measure up to Trump's standards. He is so speshul.
I must confess I didn't watch the whole video myself. I just assumed that the title of video was correct in claiming Elder conceded. I could easily have been misled on that I suppose. We will see what happens after the vote count is complete.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

It is interesting to see how much less Republican Southern California is now from 10 to 15 years ago. Nine out of the 10 Southern California counties voted against the recall. Link.
When Newsom first ran for lieutenant Governor back in 2010, he lost 8 out of the 10 Southern California counties. He was able to win back in 2010 mainly by doing very well within the Bay area.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The rule of thumb used to be that liberal candidates had to have a big lead in the north before the vote started coming in from LA, Orange, and San Diego Counties. Orange County used to be B-One Bob Dornan territory. Not any more.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land