Jeremiah, Willaim, and Tony, or, Karl, Louis, and Gus.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Jeremiah, Willaim, and Tony, or, Karl, Louis, and Gus.

Post by _Droopy »

Anybody here seen my mentor reverend?
Can you tell me if he's home?
He hates lotta people and it seems that race is his ploy
You know he don't like those Jews or white boys

Anybody here seen my old friend William?
Education that's his prize
He bombed lotta people but it seems the system its still here.
He just beat the rap its quite clear

Anybody here seen my old friend Tony?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He fixed lotta people but it seems the feds they got wise
I just looked and he's doin' time

Don't you love the things that they stand for?
Don't they want to make us equal you and me?
Taxes we'll pay
Some day soon, we're gonna rue the day

Anybody here seen my old friend Marshall?
Can you tell me what's the fuss?
I thought I saw him walkin' up over the hill
With Karl, Louis, and Gus.
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Re: Jeremiah, Willaim, and Tony, or, Karl, Louis, and Gus.

Post by _Tarski »

Droopy wrote:Anybody here seen my mentor reverend?
Can you tell me if he's home?
the fuss?
I thought I saw him walkin' up over the hill
With Karl, Louis, and Gus.

Now go make one up about Sarah's innocent women persecuting witch hunter pastor Thomas Muthee, and about her secessionist friends and her wacky last-days beliefs.
Put in some jokes about the Keating five and about McCain's associations with G. Gordon Liddy (criminal wingnut) and his associations with and support of the policies of one George W. Bush (look ma, I tricked the American people and now hundreds of thousands of innocents are dead or dismembered, the economy is collapsing and we are trillions in debt and O. bin Laden must be laughing hard.)

).
when believers want to give their claims more weight, they dress these claims up in scientific terms. When believers want to belittle atheism or secular humanism, they call it a "religion". -Beastie

yesterday's Mormon doctrine is today's Mormon folklore.-Buffalo
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Now go make one up about Sarah's innocent women persecuting witch hunter pastor Thomas Muthee

Are you trying to destroy all the credibility you've built up over the years Tarski? You don't have a problem with the fact that Obama goes over to Kenya, supports the campaign of a politician who wins and then commits genocide, but you're going to quibble because a Kenyan preacher once visited Wasilla and Palin treated him respectfully as a host should a guest?
her secessionist friends and

Which would be who exactly? Come on Tarski, your credibility is dangling by a thin thread. Who exactly are her "secessionist friends"? The left's rumor mill already started circulating the claim that she and her husband are secessionists, but that has been refuted by factcheckers. Now you want to present the latest watered down version and say she has "friends" who are secessionists?
her wacky last-days beliefs.

Ah, the anti-religion bigotry comes through. And just exactly what her "whacky last-day beliefs"? Come on Tarski, don't you know? Several of her alleged "beliefs" have been refuted, so which ones are you referring to? I mean you wouldn't be talking out of your ass would you?
Put in some jokes about the Keating five

Why? McCain was exonerated from any wrong doing. McCain already detailed how he hates the system because it leads to corruption, including of some of his friends. The difference between McCain and Obama is that he isn't guilty of it. Obama is a partisan guy who votes as he is told. McCain fights corruption wherever he sees it.
McCain's associations with G. Gordon Liddy

Why? The difference is that he is a former criminal who is repentant, whereas Obama is friends with two known, unrepentant terrorists.
his associations with and support of the policies of one George W. Bush

That's a stupid criticism considering most of these policies never would have become policies without some democrat support. Which policies?
I tricked the American people and now hundreds of thousands of innocents are dead or dismembered

You can't be referring to the Iraq war, because that was Clinton's baby. He is the one who was "tricking" the American people into thinking Iraq had, not going to have, but had, WMDs. He was trying to get attention off of his Lewinsky debacle. Oh, and in case you didn't hear the news, Saddam Hussein was removed from power. You know, that madman who was responsible for slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocents. If you think the war in Iraq has resulted in the deaths of "hundreds of thousands" than you really are blinded by the left wingnuts. No wonder you work in academia. Do you also pal around with Bill Ayers? It is funny because two professors showed up on the O'Reilley Factor the other day defending Ayers! You guys are really a sick lot.
the economy is collapsing

Are you stupid enough to believe this is George Bush's fault? Stick to science Tarski, because you suck on economics and current events.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

dartagnan wrote:

Why? McCain was exonerated from any wrong doing.

Umm, moving the goal posts? I thought it was about associations! When was Obama ever even officially accused of a crime.

Just another of your slights of hand.

Also, you missed the point of the post. The point was that one can easily act like Droopy only coming from the left. You seem to take all of his attacks on Obama at face value. You are willing to take the word of the debunkers on the right and apologize for Palin and McCain giving explanations of contexts and mitigating circumstances. But, you and Droopy take the opposite approach regarding Obama--you give no slack and can't imagine there is another side to the story.

You will be taken more seriously when you spend at much time debunking stuff in the right's rumor mill as you do the left's rumor mill and when you spend as much time looking for mitigating circumstances regarding Obama's foibles as you do Bush's and McCain's.

The point is that you are one sided in the extreme. You can't even tell when I am being purposefully one-sided to make fun of Droopy's even more one-sided crap. Go debunk Droopy's stuff with as much energy. Try and imagine that you personally know Obama to be a decent man (as even McCain admits) or that he was your brother or father.

You only spin in one direction and you are spinning so fast that if you stopped you would be dizzy. Look at it from the other side for just a minute. Try to imagine that the stuff coming from the right's spin machine is just as unbalanced as it is from the left.

Also, as I have stated elsewhere, you pad your comments with gratuitous insults and blustering over-confidence.

Did you not learn a thing from your fall from the status of confident Book of Abraham apologist?

You should go back and read some of your stuff and notice the same insulting arrogant tone and extreme confidence.

Now, debunk this: The associated press reports that "Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, twice registered as a member of the Alaskan Independence Party"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26524024/

Also we have that it is reported that the director of Division of Elections in Alaska, Gail Fenumiai, confirmed that Todd Palin registered in 1995 to the Alaska Independence Party.

Then there is this friendly pandering video from Palin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvPNXYrIyI

I am sure you will vigorously search for contrary evidence and denial which you will take at face value. If unable to find enough counter-evidence, I am sure you explain to me how it isn't such a bad thing after all or why it is all Ok because of this or that. You will spin like Todd was your admired best friend. But you cannot countanance the same for Obama. One sided. Confirmation bias.

By the way, since you think I have no understanding of Jesus' words. Please explain the Jesus quotes I gave in the other post (he ones about the eye of the needly and giving everything to the poor). I'd love to hear your spin on Jesus.

Here is another one of your slights of hand. I mention Muthee whose misbehavior and foolishmeness was alrwady a fact and you mention that someone Obama supported went corrupt and misbehaved after the supposed support. Can he see into the future or control anothers future actions. Recall how it was when Bush looked into Putin's eyes and got a sense of his soul. Bush was wrong about what kind of actions a man would do in the future as was Obama. But who do you spin for automatically?
Muthee on the other hand was a familiar quantity to Palin's church and likely to her also and his witch chasing had already occured.
http://progressivepatriots.com/2008/09/ ... nins-link/

Do you think she believes in witches? She looks quit comfortable with the mention of witches here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkb9_zB2Pg
I think this much: She realizes or has been informed that such a belief would be derided and politically harmful to her.
when believers want to give their claims more weight, they dress these claims up in scientific terms. When believers want to belittle atheism or secular humanism, they call it a "religion". -Beastie

yesterday's Mormon doctrine is today's Mormon folklore.-Buffalo