Sometimes a mom has to be mean.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Yoda

Re: Sometimes a mom has to be mean.

Post by _Yoda »

Skippy wrote:I agree with you on this one. Not only should a teacher not be bothered at home by a student who had two chances to get homework at school, but there is also no reason to think that the teacher would even have the homework assignment on hand at home. It also kind of relates to the "Lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part."

It can be hard as a parent to watch a child experience such consequences to her actions, but I think it's a good and necessary part of raising good responsible kids.

Agreed. Of course, I'm a teacher, so maybe I'm biased. LOL

I went through similar woes with my girls, and my approach was similar to KA's.

by the way, Kim, how did it go? Did the teacher give your daughter a chance to turn in late work?
_antishock8
_Emeritus

Post by _antishock8 »

Pfft. This is nothing. My dad used to pin a ten dollar bill to our collars, whack us on the head and say, "Knock yourself out, kids." and then leave for a week. Sometimes he'd starve us for a few days, and then pour some cereal out on the ground and announce, "To the victor goes the spoils!"

You're fine. The waterworks are typical.
You can’t trust adults to tell you the truth.

Scream the lie, whisper the retraction.- The Left
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

KA,

I read your OP the day that you posted it and have been checking in on the situation.

I simply applaud teachers like you.

Yes, teachers.

You are teaching your child invaluable lessons about life.

Some phrases for your journey:

"How did that work out for you, Chloe?"

"How do you feel about that?"

"What could you have done differently?"

"You can do that next time."

:-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb