White privilege is a myth

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: White privilege is a myth

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I guess AM and Xanax don’t know much about red lining:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining

and black WW2 veterans being denied VA loans:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/black ... s-gi-bill/

Since they don’t read I’ll tl;dr:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbusting

Whoops, that’s more reading.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:39 pm
Icarus wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:33 pm

You repeating the same stupidity that was refuted above, doesn't negate the fact that it was already refuted.
Ohh, by the way, nice to have you Icarus, was your doctor able to adjust your medications to the point you might not throw another temper tantrum and beg Dr shades for help while posting here?? 😁
Shades is, if anything, a Right Winger. No help has ever come from Shades in discussions, and if people didn't know he was the board owner they'd probably think he was a troll. I was hoping he'd clean up the mess in his own yard, but he's more afraid of offending complete strangers on the internet than he is in providing a respectable environment for intelligent discourse. So troll away.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:28 am
You are in the hole on this one. You slammed a black woman and called her an idiot for no other reasons than the fact that she is black
Says a moron who cannot make a single valid point or assertion beyond misrepresenting those he is pretending to engage honestly. I laid out my position clearly, that she is an idiot for the idiotic things she has said. That makes her an idiot by definition, which doesn't care what skin color you are. You're the one who is so infatuated with the fact that there are a few black people willing to carry the water for you.
Cultellus wrote:
she is a woman, and she is not doing what you think she should do.
True, I don't think she should be lying for money. You dismiss it as Capitalism. I call it intellectual dishonesty because that's what it is.
Cultellus wrote:
Now you think your racism is okay because Tucker hired a racist in 2020?
Oh, if Chris Cuomo had hired an avowed racist to write his shows you'd be having a shitfit. You're the idiot who denies systemic racism and white privilege and you refuse to deal with any of the evidence.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:24 am

Can we revisit this as needed? I agree with this. I am not calling everything a racist.
No, only those who would point out your alignment with clearly racist positions.
Cultellus wrote:
Your condescension and judgment toward a black woman who does not behave like you think a black woman should behave - I am calling that racist.
Yes, because you're just as much an idiot as she is.
Cultellus wrote:
It does not change the simple fact that you called black woman who is overachieving and not doing it your way an idiot.
She is a con artist who used her skin color for a nice paycheck, thems the facts. The only reason you're OK with it is because she says the idiotic things you like to hear. Things you want to believe are true.
Cultellus wrote:
You purposefully called her out because she is a woman and because she is black.
I called her out because AM had posted a Youtube clip of her and some other black conservatives as if your views are correct simply because you're black and you deny systemic racism.

Cultellus wrote:
We get it. Google the hell out her name and you will come up with a lot of racist opinions just like your racist opinion.
Nice try, but my opinions are backed up by hard evidence, which makes it more than just opinion.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 am
… continues …
Pancakes. Did you google that and paste it here? C'mon litle Cpakes, tell us. How did you get that and then copy it and then paste it here without having an original thought? What is your secret for getting all this stuff that you do not think about?
Cult complaining about original thoughts. This, coming from a guy whose sidekick posts youtube clips at a record pace. This, coming from someone who refuses to deal with any evidence that refutes his positions and then reverts back to the FOX News playbook of subterfuge.

Please cult, list all the examples of your thoughts that are "original."

This should be good. But I predict more deflection.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:54 am
I think you have said enough. You have not refuted anything. You have regurgitated a lot. And you have doubled down on your position. You have an expectation for black women who do not have a college degree, and she failed to meet that expectation. For that, you consider her an idiot. You are racist and sexist by your own admission and definition.
Repeating your stupid nonsense over and over again won't make you credible. You need me to be judging her on her race because that makes it easy for you to ignore all the evidence that refutes your stupidity. An idiot is an idiot regardless of color. She happens to be black. Moreover, "idiot" isn't a racial slur, so you're basically saying it is racist to say literally anything critical about someone of color. It would be racist if you actually believed that, but you're not an intellectually honest person. You're a disingenuous buffoon.

Do we really need to list the dozens of examples whereby Republicans, including the orange moron you voted for, have attacked Rashida Tlaib, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Stacey Abrams, or Maxine Waters? By your logic the entire Republican party is filled with racist bigots for daring to criticize these women of color.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Icarus wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:45 am
By your logic the entire Republican party is filled with racist bigots for daring to criticize these women of color.
Sadly, it seems to be largely true that the entire Republican party (at least the currently and unfortunately predominant Trumpist faction of it) is indeed largely filled with or unduly influenced by racist bigots -- but not just because they dare to criticize women of color.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Icarus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:40 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:39 pm

Ohh, by the way, nice to have you Icarus, was your doctor able to adjust your medications to the point you might not throw another temper tantrum and beg Dr shades for help while posting here?? 😁
Shades is, if anything, a Right Winger. No help has ever come from Shades in discussions, and if people didn't know he was the board owner they'd probably think he was a troll. I was hoping he'd clean up the mess in his own yard, but he's more afraid of offending complete strangers on the internet than he is in providing a respectable environment for intelligent discourse. So troll away.
I've told you at least 3or4 times. Stop insulting posters and I calm right on down bro!! insult Trump, insult Republicans, insult conservatives, insult Mormons insult Christians, insult whoever you want, just don't make it personal and this board can thrive and actually grow. But you, schmo and Doc cam can't help yourself, insults have become a routine thing on this board. It's obvious to anyone reading through current and past threads that you guys are here to insult anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:35 am
I've told you at least 3or4 times. Stop insulting posters and I calm right on down bro!! insult Trump, insult Republicans, insult conservatives, insult Mormons insult Christians, insult whoever you want, just don't make it personal and this board can thrive and actually grow. But you, schmo and Doc cam can't help yourself, insults have become a routine thing on this board. It's obvious to anyone reading through current and past threads that you guys are here to insult anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion.
Atlanticmike, it’s going to be hard to take your concern seriously given how selective your concern is. : D
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:39 am
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:22 am

Sadly, it seems to be largely true that the entire Republican party (at least the currently and unfortunately predominant Trumpist faction of it) is indeed largely filled with or unduly influenced by racist bigots -- but not just because they dare to criticize women of color.
No, Icarus. I have not seen what the entire Republican party has had to say about these people. I have seen what you had to say about a black woman. I also was making the point that you singled Candace out specifically because she was a black woman.
I singled out Candace Owens? You're the one who brought her up using your alter-ego "Atlanticmike." You're the one trying to argue that "idiot" is a racial slur.