Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Meet PERFUME, MDB's official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by Dr. Shades »

"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:59 am
I wish you had been selected to translate for them at the concert, and I hope you some day get that opportunity. I'm sure that would really send you over the moon! That probably couldn't happen to a more deserving guy than you!
Why, you're very kind. :-)
Though I have little doubt that you would probably love them for their musical abilities and talent alone, I wonder how much your understanding of the Japanese language and culture, and knowing what they are singing about, is a factor in how much you appreciate them?
I sometimes ask myself the same question.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I already linked to the song; now the official music video for Perfume's POLYGON WAVE is up on YouTube! See it in all its glory:
  • Polygon Wave BETTER Even if you don't like the song, you might find the video to be rather cool. Our favorite performers' beauty and talent are on full display. Be sure to turn on the closed captioning!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:30 am
In that picture they resemble each other so much that I have to wonder how closely related they are to each other.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 am
In that picture they resemble each other so much that I have to wonder how closely related they are to each other.
The paper has an uncanny similarity.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

My mom is visiting my nephews in SLC. Today she sent me a video clip of my cute little Grand Niece dancing to some familiar sounding music. And, yes, in the background of the room was a big screen TV with a video of our beloved Perfume! My mom asked me if I recognized the music, and I was pleased to say that I did. Parental bonding with Polygon Wave as the soundtrack. Fun!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Thanks for sharing that, Res Ipsa! Hopefully your mother enjoyed the music as much as your grand niece did.

In other news, I might be a fairly decent writer, because two days ago my own mother and I were talking about my close encounter with Perfume in the San Jose airport. My mother was convinced that she had been there and had the experience with me. Yes: My write-up of the event must've been vivid enough that it took some convincing that no, I was by myself and, contrary to her memory, she wasn't there!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »